Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
from the way one of the reporters from echo was saying in regards to transfers on the latest podcast, it looks like most of them have been completed for the summer months ago including stuff like agent fees

Marco did say a while ago that they had identified their targets and were looking to get them sorted early.

Exciting

I think another wide player is priority, without Richarlison & Bernard what are we left with . And I know its only Rumours but we keep getting linked with wide players

...Walcott and Lookman for starters. Mirallas, Onyekuru and Bolasie still on the books in the summer. Brands says the squad is too big, in the interests of good housekeeping it would be extravagant to bring another wide man before a major cull.

Just like Monaco a couple of years back, brilliant young team just out of nowhere and absolutely all of the big clubs just overpower them and buy all the best players. It's what makes football so crap now, you can't enjoy any new teams for more than five mins.

I would say the only team to come through and stick to their guns not letting their best players be cherry picked are Atletico. They starved off the temptation from many clubs, but even that's dubious as they did sell a few of their bigger names, they just replaced them with players just as good, especially strikers.

....a major problem will be the players themselves, they will see paths paved with gold elsewhere and be pushing for moves.

...Walcott and Lookman for starters. Mirallas, Onyekuru and Bolasie still on the books in the summer. Brands says the squad is too big, in the interests of good housekeeping it would be extravagant to bring another wide man before a major cull.
Well obviously players will need to be moved on. And mirallas & bolasie are as good as gone. God knows what’s happening with lookman, personally I think he wants out.

If we didn’t get anyone else, and we unfortunately get injures. A few months of Walcott & lookman/Onyekuru, could really damage our season. I would rather 3 top class players fir 2 positions, than 2 and 3/4 average ones.

Walcott has been shocking this season and I know lookman hasn’t had loads of chances, but he hasn’t been great when he’s has. Apart from a couple of late cameos

Well obviously players will need to be moved on. And mirallas & bolasie are as good as gone. God knows what’s happening with lookman, personally I think he wants out.

If we didn’t get anyone else, and we unfortunately get injures. A few months of Walcott & lookman/Onyekuru, could really damage our season. I would rather 3 top class players fir 2 positions, than 2 and 3/4 average ones.

....a major plus if Bolasie and Mirallas move, but I fear there’s quite a bit to do to make that happen. Both are on mega bucks contracts, Bolasie in particular has years to go.

Only if some club is prepared to buy them and pay them massive wages
What’s bolasie and mirallas on 70/80k a week yes that’s a lot of money, that many European teams would struggle to pay. But most prem teams are paying big wages now. This is purely guess work, but if Bolasie has 2yrs left and he joins someone on 50k we will make up the short fall for the next 2yrs about 3mil? Mirallas has one year left.

I think Walcott could still command most of his wages from another prem club. Like I did it’s guess work on my part.

What’s bolasie and mirallas on 70/80k a week yes that’s a lot of money, that many European teams would struggle to pay. But most prem teams are paying big wages now. This is purely guess work, but if Bolasie has 2yrs left and he joins someone on 50k we will make up the short fall for the next 2yrs about 3mil? Mirallas has one year left.

I think Walcott could still command most of his wages from another prem club. Like I did it’s guess work on my part.
MLS is my guess

Status
Not open for further replies.