Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roma hasn't agreed with them. But yeah, he's still really good, but that's a typical West Ham signing.

CF - Carroll, Chicarito, Arnautovic, Perez.
RW - Yarmoyenko, Antonio, Snodgrass

You can add Nasri, Noble, whatever other old dude to that mix.

Gotta love that we lost to them at home in a game we completely dominated. I guess when you play Schneiderlin, Tosun, Walcott, Holgate, and Kenny, that's what you get.
Heard a stat about Mark Noble that he's been West Hams longest serving player for the past 10 seasons. He became their longest serving player when he was 21.

Gone through something like 14 managers too.

Knob heads fall for it every single season mate. They make a song and dance in the transfer market every summer and everyone buys it, hook line and sinker. Honestly you’d have some belly laughs going back through this forum from the last couple of summers, people absolutely seething when they were “beating us” to utter cack like Hernandez, Wilshere, Ogbonna, Feghouli, Byram, Hart etc. and appointing corpses like Manuel Pellegrini who retired 3 years ago. The only set of fans they’re more successful at pulling the wool over the eyes of, is their own.
Most pundits had Fulham in the top 8-10 for the season because they had bought big and spent well. Meanwhile, Everton had overspent and would struggle to finish top half. :coffee:

I mean to even blame Brands in the first place for struggling to get rid the likes of Cuco Martina, Kevin Mirallas Yannick Bolasie Sandro Ramierez Ashley Williams and Oumar Niasse permanently all in one window is just ridiculous, He deserves a medal for finding a club willing to loan these absolute bozos
Exactly. Gets them closer to off the books. Allows for better revenue numbers for FFP. It's a risk. If he gets nothing but 5M offers for Bolasie, it night have simply been a calculated risk to loan him out and hope he does well. He's obviously much too good for Belgium.

Che Adams, is exactly the type of signing we will be making, and more importantly the right type of signing.

Those saying it's a bad link, clearly haven't seen enough of him to make a rational decision.

If we were signing a Spaniard from Spanish Segunda, who'd scored 22 in 40, you'd be stating he was the second coming..
After Sandro, I doubt very much that’s what anyone would be saying. And he came from La Liga.

It's a difficult one with Che Adams. The Championship is one of the hardest leagues to buy from, you can just never be sure with players in there, and gone on the days when you could buy any player in there for £5m.

Everything looks good for Adams, but then you've got a completely jarg player in Teemu Pukki who failed in Scotland of all places tearing the goal chart to pieces so it's very hard to identify true quality in that league.

Someone mentioned Joe Byran a few pages back which is a good example, he looked a perfectly capable player in the championship but I don't think I've ever seen a full back get rinsed as many times as he has in a single season.

For what it's worth, I think Neal Maupay at Brentford is the best striker in the championship with Buendia at Norwich and Carvalho at Forest looking like high level players too but they could just as likely be trash. Complete coin toss.
That Buendia at Norwich does look good.
However Norwich wont sell him if they come up as he is their main man.
If they go back down he will most likely be sold.
A bit like Sessegon at fulham.

Che Adams looks an alright finisher from that video, finds the tight bottom corner of the post finishes well which I think is a good sign. Yakubu was great at that

Also looks like an off the shoulder striker that could offer something different or compliment DCL well

Che Adams looks an alright finisher from that video, finds the tight bottom corner of the post finishes well which I think is a good sign. Yakubu was great at that

Also looks like an off the shoulder striker that could offer something different or compliment DCL well
He looks like a player that would play in a wide role or behind the striker rather than as a CF to me.

Che Adams, is exactly the type of signing we will be making, and more importantly the right type of signing.

Those saying it's a bad link, clearly haven't seen enough of him to make a rational decision.

If we were signing a Spaniard from Spanish Segunda, who'd scored 22 in 40, you'd be stating he was the second coming..
Well Che isn’t the second coming either that’s for sure. Che has nothing that makes him stand out head and shoulders that scream so he will make it in the prem.

Yes he’s fast but he’s not the fastest, he’s strong but not the strongest, doesn’t have the cleanest of touches, not gifted with incredible height, his reading of the game isn’t top level, and doesn’t have any show of a worldly shot . All around he is a mediocre player in good form playing in a weaker league.

Players like Maddison and Vardy were exceptional in that Maddison was technically the best in the league and vardy is one of the most rapid strikers in the world.

Che doesn’t have an exceptionality in his bag at all.

Just reading back through a few of the ‘wishlists’ on here and its crazy how many people are suggesting we sell Onyekuru.

If he wasn’t already our player, he would fit the exact type that Brands has identified as they type of player we should sign.

Young, dynamic, fast, technically good and has scored goals wherever he’s been. Plenty of time to develop further as well.

The wannabe scouts on here would be all over it, posting YouTube highlights and stats, mins per goal and “key dribbles” all that guff.

“Bayern are looking at him, would be a coup if we signed him” etc.

But, no.
He’s already our player so it’s “can only do it in a farmers league” and “me mar could score in the Turkish league”

On the same note, they have him as going for 25-30mil in their wish-lists...

Which is it? Is he a farmers league player or a £30mil player?

I get the lines are somewhat blurred here given some of the Koeman/Walsh signings, but give the lad a chance!

Or at least let him have 1 training session first lol

Status
Not open for further replies.