Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Neres / Malcom links are interesting.

Back in the day Man Utd had Giggs, Sharpe, Kanchelskis alternating in 92-93 and with us we have Bernard and Richarlison but no one has shown they can push them for a spot.

It would also enable us to push Richarlison up to if needs be and perhaps Bernard central.

Onyekuru coming in to learn as 4th choice...we would have a very strong and exciting choice of wide players.

Interestingly his best performances have come down the right (with 5 goals in 9 starts + 2 assists playing as a right forward according to whoscored). If you look at Onyekuru his game appears better down the left. You are right to point out that Bernard can really play anywhere on the pitch (and may be able to be given a free role).

Competition is good. There have been moments in this season where Richarlinson in particular has looked tired. Having the ability to rest and rotate is a really strength.

I know people want an out and out number 9, but I am happy to continue to recruit versatile forward players who can play across the front. It means that while players form may come in and out the style doesn't have to massively change. I think we will likely sign one of Leao or Neres and look to loan someone like Malcolm which is not holy unrealistic.

If he can get Lookmans head switched on as well that's a very serious set of forward we have.

Rather have Lozano for that money.
Coming from the Dutch League it's tough to say who'd perform better in the Prem out of Neres, Lozano or Bergwijn - I'd prefer Bergwijn out of them but it is tough to call. But given Bernard and Richarlison seem to have made the wing positions their own the last few weeks, Onyekuru could be an option next season and Lookman (provided we don't sell him) is another I can't really see us going big for a winger. Ideally we do need a left-footed option though imo and a loan for someone like Malcom seems to make the most sense (although he's been getting more of a look in at Barca recently).

No idea.

Still think Sangare is too perfect.

Have we heard one thing about a right back? Because I've got no idea. I've brought up Brenet, William, Tete, but the only rumors we heard were of Meunier.

We've heard Leao and Augustin. Dzeko.

One thing I would say, is that Brands has done a lot of work with Raiola clients. There are a couple that fit the age profile. Tete is one. Moise Kean, Andrea Pinamonti, Rosario at PSV is a fit but probably not good enough, etc. Same with Derrick Luckasse. Only big name that might make sense is Manolas, but not sure that's realistic.
Like hell we’d even get Kean in the building let alone the to the table

Rather have Lozano for that money.
I have followed this guy, he is going to be huge, very fast and skilful
Interestingly his best performances have come down the right (with 5 goals in 9 starts + 2 assists playing as a right forward according to whoscored). If you look at Onyekuru his game appears better down the left. You are right to point out that Bernard can really play anywhere on the pitch (and may be able to be given a free role).

Competition is good. There have been moments in this season where Richarlinson in particular has looked tired. Having the ability to rest and rotate is a really strength.

I know people want an out and out number 9, but I am happy to continue to recruit versatile forward players who can play across the front. It means that while players form may come in and out the style doesn't have to massively change. I think we will likely sign one of Leao or Neres and look to loan someone like Malcolm which is not holy unrealistic.

If he can get Lookmans head switched on as well that's a very serious set of forward we have.
Coming from the Dutch League it's tough to say who'd perform better in the Prem out of Neres, Lozano or Bergwijn - I'd prefer Bergwijn out of them but it is tough to call. But given Bernard and Richarlison seem to have made the wing positions their own the last few weeks, Onyekuru could be an option next season and Lookman (provided we don't sell him) is another I can't really see us going big for a winger. Ideally we do need a left-footed option though imo and a loan for someone like Malcom seems to make the most sense (although he's been getting more of a look in at Barca recently).

Richarlison DCL Bernard
Beyond those 3 we need 3 more players (obviously).

If we really want competition then we need to offload Bolasie, Walcott and one of Onyekuru/Lookman.

The wide player we sign may not be an immediate starter but all three could be rotated throughout the season so they arent tired. Theoretically we then have greater consistency.

I think we will be looking at Brazilians not only because they have been linked but as it should create a natural harmony with Richarlison and Bernard. Also as they generally command a higher resale value.

Wesley / Leao are the two centre forwards linked and i think its more likely we go for Leao because hes more of a goalscorer whilst Wesley may be seen as a 'similar' type to DCL.

Neres and Malcom are both interesting players and quite different. I imagine their fees would be quite similar though Neres seems to be more highly rated.

Ive always thought it strange that Malcom was never capped and not really a fixture in their youth international sides whereas Neres was a permanent fixture and recently capped.

Would be pretty cool to have 4 brazilians rotating up front.

I think Lozano is the safest bet and the best fit for us. He's the most mature, the most consistent, his decisions with the ball are usually spot on, and it's tough to ignore the impact he could make financially if we want to leverage the North American market. Lozano would do that, honestly, he's a massive start in Mexico and America. But Bergwijn is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.