Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly if the quota is the case then we would be one of the few that are actually sitting fairly well with the amount of young English players we have. Lots of Prem teams would be dipping into the lower leagues with that sort of enforcement.

Why not just keep the rotation players at that point and sign whoever we want for our first team. If the English players end up breaking through then great but adding another 20m onto a players price just because they are from a certain country is INSANE financially and we should take full advantage of that.

I'd say no buying English players only sell and fill the quota by promoting youth players to the first team.

Thats great, expect that Youth players cant be promoted to the first team till they are over 22.

So that means we would need to retain the rubbish 1s and then have 8 Jose Baxters registered in the first team, leaving us with 17 good players for a whole season.

So in that case we are better off keeping the decent players like Keane and not spending 30m on ya Danny Drinkwaters just to bump up our homegrown quota.

1. Nathan Ake would cost vastly more than 25m
2. So will Kurt Zouma
3. Michael Keane is better than Nathan Ake
4. Nobody is buying Michael Keane for 50m

Fair enough I was speculating. In reality I think Keane is staying and unless anyone is bidding massive that's good we need stability. As for Zouma and Ake you are probably right more like 30+ each.

Last edited:

Anton Donkor being spotted in Nando's, and Niasse in the Tesco in Huyton(?).
Wasn't Niasse....can't remember his name, massively tall striker we took on loan and he then got injured and hardly played?? Around 5 seasons ago... someone got a photo of him in the mini Tesco at the garage in huyton!!

Status
Not open for further replies.