Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is sad is that Ross seems like the midfielder we could use right now (essentially Gomes but with higher offensive potential). But in my opinion, he let his ego get ahead of him and the pressure and expectations from us fans get to him.
Nope. Just nope. Ross is a holding mid at this point and a pretty bad one at that. Don't be fooled by his occasional run forward at Goodison. He usually isn't that active moving forward. He takes care of the ball, but contributes nothing defensively - terrible positionally and worse in the tackle. At least Gomes takes players on every now and then.

Then you simply don't sell them.

Onyenkuru maybe isn't a 35M player, but he's been productive in a league not known for youth. Vlasic, regardless of what some here say, has clearly been good in a league that ALSO doesn't usually give young players a chance. Lookman would go for at least 20M, regardless of his current form.

Alphoso Davies went to Bayern for 19M Euros, man. Big clubs will pay for young talent. If RBL was smart enough to take a run at him, others will take notice.
Well it depends doesn’t it? If the coaches and brands rate onyekuru then great, keep him. If they don’t and someone offers what we believe is a fair price then sell him. You don’t just keep players because a couple of wannabe scouts on the internet like Having players with a high rating on transfermarkt , you do what you think is best for the best club.

It's funny really, I just don't see us selling at that price. Vlasic is a full international at the World Cup finalists and has been brilliant in the Champions League. I just cannot see us selling the 3 of them for anything other than a substantial mark up on what we paid.

Lets have it right, we have turned down over 20 million for Lookman already. It's hard to imagine us holding a lower valuation for either Onyekuru or Vlasic (given the calibre of teams being linked). If Bayern/PSG are generally interested in a player they are not going for sub 20 million. If people are offering 15-20 million they will be told to move along I am sure. That's not the end of the world for me either, as all 3 could be integrated into the squad.

Given people have already offered 20+ for Lookman, I can't see a world where we could only generously expect to receive borderline what we paid for Vlasic & Onyekuru. That's just me though.
Yeah as I said, maybe we won’t sell, but personally I very much doubt this talk of £35m for onyekuru from Bayern has even a grain of truth to it. It sounds very much like agent talk to drum up interest to me, so when he eventually moves to betis for £10m it’s spun as a coup. It’s pretty standard.

Nope. Just nope. Ross is a holding mid at this point and a pretty bad one at that. Don't be fooled by his occasional run forward at Goodison. He usually isn't that active moving forward. He takes care of the ball, but contributes nothing defensively - terrible positionally and worse in the tackle. At least Gomes takes players on every now and then.

holding mid, interesting - from what i have seen of him at Chelsea he seems more of a box to box type since Sarri plays everything through Jorginho.

Yeah as I said, maybe we won’t sell, but personally I very much doubt this talk of £35m for onyekuru from Bayern has even a grain of truth to it. It sounds very much like agent talk to drum up interest to me, so when he eventually moves to betis for £10m it’s spun as a coup. It’s pretty standard.

There seems to be persistent links to both PSG, Bayern and Dortmund. I cannot see for the life of me why Brands would sell Onyekuru for less money than he got for Mori/Klaassen,

I tried watching the Aussie league a few times. Makes you realise how good teams like Fulham and Cardiff actually are in the grand scheme of things. Literally the defences are so bad that there was like 3-4 one on one chances with the gk between the sides , the game ended 0-0 with all the strikers missing the target lol slow paced and with countless miss placed passes and loose touches. Makes you really appreciate how good all these “ crap” players in the Prem actually are. Literally ... Hibbert @25 would be the best player in that league if he played there.
Why would you put yourself through that? I am Australian and I find it difficult to watch.

holding mid, interesting - from what i have seen of him at Chelsea he seems more of a box to box type since Sarri plays everything through Jorginho.

Not really. He rarely carries it more than about 10 yards. Then he passes it off to someone. He passes it all over the place, don't get me wrong. But he almost NEVER dribbles by anyone.

Remember when he used to dribble by players? With his size and speed, it's what made him special. It's what Koeman and others tried to get him to continue to do. Saddest part was that even when he was always trying to take guys on when he was with EFC, he didn't lose the ball any more often than he does now. He was really a special player. Could score with both feet, too.

Now although he can pass it fine, even create stuff now and again, he still has never improved his defensive game, so he's just not that great as a playmaker. Still isn't much in the tackle or at clogging up passing lanes. Sad.

Well it depends doesn’t it? If the coaches and brands rate onyekuru then great, keep him. If they don’t and someone offers what we believe is a fair price then sell him. You don’t just keep players because a couple of wannabe scouts on the internet like Having players with a high rating on transfermarkt , you do what you think is best for the best club.

Can't argue with that. I think there is some question about Onyenkuru's character, too. But what's best for the club might be to hang on for another year or ease them into the side. Both from a team contribution and a value standpoint.

Must be brands influence , a new “stage” to our transfer programme.

Used to be

Thinking about bid
Poised to swoop
Enquired about
Sent delegation
Then start thinking about bid for new player without ever hearing about the previous player or delagation again.

Status
Not open for further replies.