Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im genuinely confused at what point you are making regarding Tierney. You don't see an upside but think he's a good player? Isn't the upside that he IS a good player?
Upside regard to his potential ability. How much better will he get = upside beyond his current ability.

So he's a good player. But he's already polished and skilled at age 21. I'm not sure how much better he can get. He doesn't possess elite athleticism.

I always thought Digne was as good if not better, so I believe Brands made the proper decision as Celtic wanted more money.

looking forward to the summer. Think we can improve the squad again by a lot of players out and a couple of key ins. There’s still a lot of dross on the books so will give us more room on the wage bill for a good player if we can get Williams Bolasie Martina Sandro Jags off the wage bill for a start. Vlasic Tosun McCarthy Besic might generate a bit of cash too. Then there’s the decision on whether to sell Gueye. Needless to say I think we will have a fair bit of money to get some players in if we can shift some of those outs mentioned.

For me the key positions would be central midfield striker and right back. Get three quality players in those positions and then stock the rest of the squad with youth players. I’d rather see Holgate and someone like Gibson or Feeney play reserve centrebacks in our squad than waste our budget on Zouma or another centreback. Dowell and Baningime can also play a role rather than wasting money on squad fillers as we’ve done in the past.

I can’t stomach another half decent 45 minute performance against Tranmere in pre-season to convince people that he’s “turned a corner” or “looks to have a point to prove”.
Still scored more than Walcott in every season.
I don't particularly want Kev back, but hes still better than most of the chaff we have patrolling the flanks.

Bergkamp
Van Nistelrooy
heitinga
Davids
Van der vaart
Zenden
Van der sar
Jimmy fylod
Stam
Kurt ( spit)
Van Persie
Virgil van dike
Alserweild
Vertongen
Sanchez spurs one

Just off the top of my head , think the only dispapointimg ones I can remember are

Robben ,who is good I’m Germany
, Kezman,
glen helder ,
Davy classen ,
Alves
Dapay

I’m probably missing a few as it’s easier to forget crap players tbf

Alserweild
Vertongen
Sanchez spurs one

The first 2 are Belgian and the last 1 is Colombian.

He said from the Dutch league , seeing as he said Suarez for the RS was the last one to truely settle here .

I was also talking about, if you read the post (and previous in the conversation) properly, attacking players who came straight from the Dutch league. You named three of which that did settle well and five that didn't which is what i'm getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.