Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it isn’t fifa m8

Dont play computer games

I agree with him however he's off his barnet. One minute the lad says we are skint from FFP the next he thinks we can just bring in 3 new centre mids alongside a top striker which wont cost buttons, a RW, RB and CB (also a back up GK possibly)

LOL

Youve lost me here. Ive literally NEVER said "were skint".

Sigurdsson becomes less relevant once we have a firing front 3 as well. I think Gana + Gomes could form a good midfield if we added an enforcer to that at Siggys expense.

This is all banking on us buying a top striker though and if Bernard/Lookman can start slotting.

I think if we keep Gomes then he has to be deep with 2 box to box players ahead of him...and we dont really have any.

Probably cos to buy 3 top class CMs in 1 window would cost us 200m.

Whsts that got to do with my post?

Were not going to sign Neves, Ndombele and Aouar in one window...

I don’t think Zouma is the back we need at the club and think we could do with a Willi Orban or someone like him at the back. Someone that defends with his head first and uses his pace and power to bridge the gap of a good piece of skill.

Gomes even though he has shown he has class again doesn’t seem to 100% fit the mold of what Silva wants. He doesn’t have the discipline to sit back and be the deep playmaker and doesn’t have the speed or energy to be a box to box player either. He almost always will need to be paired to get a complete midfielder out of him which is a problem in a 4-3-3
With you on this one. I think if we can ship out the dross including both Schneiderlin and McCarthy, we could bring in two CM/DMs. I love Denis Zakaria who is under utilized at BMG and should just play as a 6. I also think although he might not QUITE be ready to excel in the PL, that Ibrahim Sangare has a chance to be special. I saw him play earlier this year and thought his first touch was questionable and that he might not be strong enough, but think it'll both come around. And his workrate is Doucoure like. Think he'll be a MONSTER in a couple years.

Whsts that got to do with my post?

Were not going to sign Neves, Ndombele and Aouar in one window...

Id honestly happily not see any of them next season.

What i really hope for is for a clean sweep in midfield and to build from scratch to suit a 433.

Why not rip it up and start again?

Well you imply you want a whole new midfield next season Zat.

Of course we all want to improve, Iceland and Gana are both 29, so im sure its something we are looking at, in the future, but as I say, you implied you wished us to get rid of them all in the summer, I mean you have been quite vocal on the fact that you wouldnt sign Gomes, unless for buttons and you clearly want Gana and Iceland sold.

So its get everything to do with your post.

With you on this one. I think if we can ship out the dross including both Schneiderlin and McCarthy, we could bring in two CM/DMs. I love Denis Zakaria who is under utilized at BMG and should just play as a 6. I also think although he might not QUITE be ready to excel in the PL, that Ibrahim Sangare has a chance to be special. I saw him play earlier this year and thought his first touch was questionable and that he might not be strong enough, but think it'll both come around. And his workrate is Doucoure like. Think he'll be a MONSTER in a couple years.

Sangare is definitely someone we should be going for.

Should have signed him and Diop from Toulouse last summer.

Well you imply you want a whole new midfield next season Zat.

Of course we all want to improve, Iceland and Gana are both 29, so im sure its something we are looking at, in the future, but as I say, you implied you wished us to get rid of them all in the summer, I mean you have been quite vocal on the fact that you wouldnt sign Gomes, unless for buttons and you clearly want Gana and Iceland sold.

So its get everything to do with your post.

Im referring to the £200mil fee for top players?

Im not saying were going to spend £200mil on midfielders.

If we went for Sangare at Toulouse (whose just been referenced) he would be £20-25mil.

Im confident Brands can work his magic to bring in more of that ilk on lowish fees and save on wages too.

Id literally want everyone of our midfielders punted aside from Davies.

Schneiderlin
Gana
Sigurdsson
Gomes (end of loan)
Besic
Dowell
J Williams

Id hope theres up to £75mil there.

If Vlasic ends up leaving then around £100mil in sales and enormous wages saved.

Rebuild the lot.

Sangare is definitely someone we should be going for.

Should have signed him and Diop from Toulouse last summer.
I actually think Julien is underrated and might be worth a flier. He's 26 in a couple days, but he's a good organizer.

Sangare has some serious skills - much better than I thought when I saw him early in the year - works his butt off, and when he fills out, man. Sky is the limit.

That being said, he looked small this weekend in midfield because he was playing as a double DM with a 6'7" midfield. With Julien behind him. It looked absurd.

I know there’s a snow balls chance for Ndombele but was seriously impressed with him against Barca in the last CL game. Great touch, vision, and drives with purpose

Im referring to the £200mil fee for top players?

Im not saying were going to spend £200mil on midfielders.

If we went for Sangare at Toulouse (whose just been referenced) he would be £20-25mil.

Im confident Brands can work his magic to bring in more of that ilk on lowish fees and save on wages too.

Id literally want everyone of our midfielders punted aside from Davies.

Schneiderlin
Gana
Sigurdsson
Gomes (end of loan)
Besic
Dowell
J Williams

Id hope theres up to £75mil there.

If Vlasic ends up leaving then around £100mil in sales and enormous wages saved.

Rebuild the lot.

You can add Davies to that list. Blokes out of his depth.

I know there’s a snow balls chance for Ndombele but was seriously impressed with him against Barca in the last CL game. Great touch, vision, and drives with purpose
He's really fun to watch. He's also going to be crazy money. But yeah, the touch is sublime. For a guy that contributes as much as he does defensively, he's pretty special. That being said, I'm not entirely sold on his attitude. I've seen him act like a complete baby on the pitch. I'm not saying he's Pogba, but it just seemed a little out of the ordinary.

We should nick players who have been on loan at other teams this year, like Jimenez and Tielemans. They both look very good.
I know a lot of folks like Tielemans, but I just don't think he's what we need. Can he pass? Yup. Can he shot, especially from distance? Yup. I just question his athleticism and not sure he's going to contribute enough on the defensive end for him to play CM in the PL. I'm not entirely sure it's a coincidence that Monaco is doing better without him.

You can add Davies to that list. Blokes out of his depth.

He's 20 and good enough as a squad player.

If we have 3 CM positions then we need 5 (or 6) players in the squad.

He can be number 5 meaning we need 4 more.

I'd be surprised if we didnt sign at least 2 players there in the summer.

He's 20 and good enough as a squad player.

If we have 3 CM positions then we need 5 (or 6) players in the squad.

He can be number 5 meaning we need 4 more.

I'd be surprised if we didnt sign at least 2 players there in the summer.

Agree, I can see Gomes and probably another 1, depends on Gana really, if he goes he would need replacing for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.