Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as long as it doesn't turn into another Hibbert thing with him not playing on unduly big wage for what is essentially a part time role.

A wage decrease if possible - we should only keep him if it’s value to us. If he wants a big contract, I’ll happily show him the door.

baines should against wolves when he got rinsed by the wolves RB conceded a pen before going off he's not good enough anymore unfortunately

no point keeping him around for an extra year on his massive wages

It would be a new deal as he will be out of contract so I imagine he would have to accept much lower terms of he is happy to stay on as back up. He might prefer one last decent deal elsewhere though

I will point out if we can buy the next left footed Cafu aged 17, to act as understudy for Digne - then this would be my absolute preference.

Pickford
??? ??? Mina Digne
??? ??? ???
Richarlison ??? Bernard

Virginia
Kenny Holgate ??? ???
Vlasic ??? Davies
Lookman DCL Onyekuru
If we go 433 next season I think we 'could' look something like this.

The obvious areas like everyone says

Right back × 1
Centre back × 2
Left back × 1
Centre midfield × 4
Centre forward × 1

9 players wont be signed in one window.

It's not going to be easy!

Last summer we signed
Virginia
Mina
Digne
Richarlison
Bernard
+ 2 loans

I think we really need to do something similar.
Zat la. Why haven’t you included our joint top scorer/best player in either of those lineups?

I know you’re gonna say “he doesn’t fit in a 4-3-3”. But you’re mad if you think he isn’t gonna be here starting every game he’s available next season.

It would be a new deal as he will be out of contract so I imagine he would have to accept much lower terms of he is happy to stay on as back up. He might prefer one last decent deal elsewhere though

Indeed, going off history - he may want to stay in the NW. However could see him playing in the states given its similar to the UK (English speaking, crazy governments with border issues).

that's my point though, he showed against wolves he's not good enough to be a back up anymore, love baines to bits but when it's time to go it's time to go

wouldn't be surprised if he just retired me

If we are serious about buying youth for wedge - it’d be good to see us go and get some of these renegades;

N’Dombele
Upamecano
Restos
Tonali
Berge
Maier
Haland

Yes. I have just gone into absolute headache mode. x

Last edited:
that's my point though, he showed against wolves he's not good enough to be a back up anymore, love baines to bits but when it's time to go it's time to go

wouldn't be surprised if he just retired me

But looking at how restricted we could be on our incomings if we are still paying wages to players out on loan, I can see them looking at this as much less of a priority right now. I agree it's better he goes now but I can see them tying that up for a year and concentrating on other things.

But looking at how restricted we could be on our incomings if we are still paying wages to players out on loan, I can see them looking at this as much less of a priority right now. I agree it's better he goes now but I can see them tying that up for a year and concentrating on other things.

it wont be a priority but I very much doubt they'll offer him a new deal either, there's no point offering a new deal ( new deal would still be £40k+) to someone who isn't good enough when called upon, they'll probably sign a young left back or use robinson/Kenny as back ups for now before they offer baines a deal

People are dreaming if they think any of the low priority "out" players are going anywhere *this* summer.

Walcott, Schneiderlin, Tosun… they've all played this season and showed they have *something* to offer. Could see Baines getting a year extension too.

Before they're even considered for replacing we have to shift: Pennington, Galloway, Garbutt, Besic, Niasse, Bolasie, Sandro, Mirallas and we're likely to let Jagielka go. All on varying grades of senior contract and providing zero value.

So on top trying to bin all of that we already need to recruit a new RB, RW, CM and CB to replace Zouma and buy Gomes.

So there's ideally five players in and potentially nine to try to move on. Probably won't shift all nine either.

People are dreaming if they think any of the low priority "out" players are going anywhere "this* summer.

Walcott, Schneiderlin, Tosun… they've all played this season and showed they have *something* to offer.

Before they're even considered we have to shift: Pennington, Galloway, Garbutt, Besic, Niasse, Bolasie, Sandro, Mirallas and we're likely to let Jagielka go.

So on top trying to bin all of that we already need to recruit a new RB, RW, CM and CB to replace Zouma and buy Gomes.

So there's ideally five players in and potentially nine on senior contracts to move on. Probably won't shift all nine either.

I can't imagine all of those players will continue to sit on their contract. There's got to be at least one who will take the hit to their pay packet to make a fresh start elsewhere.

But yeah unfortunately those that have contributed to this season will be less likely to move on unless a miracle happens and somebody wants to buy them AND the player agrees terms.

I can't imagine all of those players will continue to sit on their contract. There's got to be at least one who will take the hit to their pay packet to make a fresh start elsewhere.

But yeah unfortunately those that have contributed to this season will be less likely to move on unless a miracle happens and somebody wants to buy them AND the player agrees terms.

I think we'll sell one or two like Besic and maybe (hopefully) Bolasie (probably at a big loss) but there'll be a fair few who are just loaned out again.

Nobody is going to buy Mirallas. He'll be loaned again so we can save something on his wages and then he won't be renewed at the end and be released ala Williams. Garbutt ditto.

Pennington and Galloway will get Championship moves.

Sandro will be a dead weight for his entire contract. Unless he astounds us and drops his wage demands to help his career I can see him being on loan for his whole contract at various clubs just so we can soften the blow to the books. Or we'll sell him and have to honour a massive amount of his wages.

Niasse will be here until the end of time. When Climate Change destroys civilization he will still be running erratically around the wastelands in a full Everton kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.