Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure what wide forwards / wingers we will go for...

Richarlison
Bernard
Onyekuru
Lookman

All best on the left

Then we have Walcott and Bolasie to sell/loan

Really need to have 3 out and bring in a right sided player.

Id take either Bergwijn or Lozano but with Brands comments i wonder whether hes trying to knock the prices down or just has others in mind...

....i’m also suspecting a wide player might not be a priority unless something is already agreed for the likes of Lozano. I agree, the options aren’t as good on the right side but Richarlison might make that spot his own by the end of the season.

....i’m also suspecting a wide player might not be a priority unless something is already agreed for the likes of Lozano. I agree, the options aren’t as good on the right side but Richarlison might make that spot his own by the end of the season.

It would be absolutely ideal if he can...

Could do worse than look at Jarrod Bowen and/or Daniel James in the Championship.
I reckon the championship would give us some good options too. Tyrone mings, John McGinn and Jack Grealish have looked a different class the last couple of months. The three of them should be in premier league next season.

Pickford
??? ??? Mina Digne
??? ??? ???
Richarlison ??? Bernard

Virginia
Kenny Holgate ??? ???
Vlasic ??? Davies
Lookman DCL Onyekuru
If we go 433 next season I think we 'could' look something like this.

The obvious areas like everyone says

Right back × 1
Centre back × 2
Left back × 1
Centre midfield × 4
Centre forward × 1

9 players wont be signed in one window.

It's not going to be easy!

Last summer we signed
Virginia
Mina
Digne
Richarlison
Bernard
+ 2 loans

I think we really need to do something similar.

Pickford
??? ??? Mina Digne
??? ??? ???
Richarlison ??? Bernard

Virginia
Kenny Holgate ??? ???
Vlasic ??? Davies
Lookman DCL Onyekuru

Right back × 1
Centre back × 2
Left back × 1
Centre midfield × 4
Centre forward × 1

Last summer we signed
Virginia
Mina
Digne
Richarlison
Bernard
+ 2 loans

Sell em all, sign no one.

Pickford
??? ??? Mina Digne
??? ??? ???
Richarlison ??? Bernard

Virginia
Kenny Holgate ??? ???
Vlasic ??? Davies
Lookman DCL Onyekuru

Right back × 1
Centre back × 2
Left back × 1
Centre midfield × 4
Centre forward × 1

Last summer we signed
Virginia
Mina
Digne
Richarlison
Bernard
+ 2 loans

I probably don't disagree with this as much as I should!
Of those players to come in, it's probably a matter of prioritising who should be coming in and who we have that can remain and do a job as we transition. Keane, Siggurdsson, Gana and Coleman can stay and then you only need 3 or 4 urgent ins, and that's more than doable.

But I'm not precious about any of our players staying at the moment and if the right money came in and a suitable replacement and overall team strengthening was the result, I'd be all up for it. Even if it meant not seeing little Bernie in blue again (sniff sniff).

I probably don't disagree with this as much as I should!
Of those players to come in, it's probably a matter of prioritising who should be coming in and who we have that can remain and do a job as we transition. Keane, Siggurdsson, Gana and Coleman can stay and then you only need 3 or 4 urgent ins, and that's more than doable.

But I'm not precious about any of our players staying at the moment and if the right money came in and a suitable replacement and overall team strengthening was the result, I'd be all up for it. Even if it meant not seeing little Bernie in blue again (sniff sniff).

i think if we are limited in what we can get done from the sizeable To Do list we have, then they may see leftback as not being as urgent and just sign Baines up for another season as back up

its the outs though that will dictate what work we can do.

I unfortunately expect more loans out of players we want rid of, with us paying some of the wage. I just cant see Bolasie Schneiderlin Sandro and others taking a paycut to sign permanently elsewhere.

i think if we are limited in what we can get done from the sizeable To Do list we have, then they may see leftback as not being as urgent and just sign Baines up for another season as back up

its the outs though that will dictate what work we can do.

I unfortunately expect more loans out of players we want rid of, with us paying some of the wage. I just cant see Bolasie Schneiderlin Sandro and others taking a paycut to sign permanently elsewhere.
All fair comment. I can't see those three being off the books for a long time. I am starting to wonder if Schneiderlin can be rehabilitated into the squad as he has been over the last couple of weeks. The other 2, I can't see any chance for them here unless something bizarre and unpredictable happens.

Another year of Baines - depends on the wages I suppose, but surely a better back up than Martina. Can Kenny play there though? I am sure we will see what the powers that be are thinking in the summer. It's not the priority position at the moment though.

Pickford
??? ??? Mina Digne
??? ??? ???
Richarlison ??? Bernard

Virginia
Kenny Holgate ??? ???
Vlasic ??? Davies
Lookman DCL Onyekuru

Right back × 1
Centre back × 2
Left back × 1
Centre midfield × 4
Centre forward × 1

Last summer we signed
Virginia
Mina
Digne
Richarlison
Bernard
+ 2 loans

All though as you say 9 players won’t be signed - I’d take 5 absolute warlocks to come in and completely refresh the squad.

Gomes plus 2 x CMs
Striker
CB

Hopefully Onyekuru and Vlasic can come in and add competition also.

But the emphasis needs to be on shifting at least 10-15 players, most I accept will be loan deals.

All fair comment. I can't see those three being off the books for a long time. I am starting to wonder if Schneiderlin can be rehabilitated into the squad as he has been over the last couple of weeks. The other 2, I can't see any chance for them here unless something bizarre and unpredictable happens.

Another year of Baines - depends on the wages I suppose, but surely a better back up than Martina. Can Kenny play there though? I am sure we will see what the powers that be are thinking in the summer. It's not the priority position at the moment though.

Not against another year of Baines, provided Robinson isn’t ready to be back up just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.