Thanks for your excellent work @Eggs !......and finally it’s Transfer Deadline Day. Reports were moving so fast yesterday it was difficult to keep on top of things, and easy to mix up Zouma with Zaha!! Strap yourselves in for what promises to be a topsy turvy day, and to start it off here’s what’s being said this Thursday 8th August:
- Everton has confirmed the signing of right back, Djibril Sidebe, on a season-long loan from AS Monaco. The deal includes an option to buy the 27 year old French international.
- Crystal Palace has confirmed the signing of 28 year old James McCarthy from Everton for an undisclosed fee. BBC suggest The Eagles are paying £3m for the midfielder.
- Following The Times reporting Wilfried Zaha was pushing for a move to Everton, Sky Sports announced the Crystal Palace winger had handed in a transfer request. The Telegraph’s Jason Burt said to expect the Toffees to respond to Zaha’s transfer request by making another offer and it might be a ‘very big one’. The Echo reckon Palace fear the 26 year old will skip training to force a move away, whilst The Guardian’s Ed Aarons says Everton might have to pay £100m to secure the Ivory Coast international.
- According to BBC, Everton have had a £30m bid for Arsenal winger, Alex Iwobi, rejected. The Gunners apparently want £40m for the 23 year old. Journalist David Ornstein reckons it’s ‘not a matter of Iwobi or Zaha, Everton want both’.
- FootMercato suggest Everton have completely given up on Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma and are now negotiating a loan move for his team mate, Fiyako Tomori. The Star Chelsea say will allow Tomori to leave on loan today amidst news of an Everton enquiry for the 21 year old who played 44 games in the Championship last season for Derby County.
- According to French Daily, La Provence, Everton and Crystal Palace are showing late interest in Marseille’s Morgan Sanson. Foot Mercato linked the Toffees to the 24 year old in June. It’s reported Marseille want €18m and the box-to-box midfielder is excited at the prospect of moving to the Premier League.
- The Independent report Everton have had a loan bid for 29 year old Centre Back. Chris Smalling, rejected by Manchester United.
- Sky’s Alan Myers tips Everton to wrap up a last minute deal for Watford midfielder, Abdoulaye Doucoure.
- The Liverpool Echo say Everton’s 24 year old defender Matthew Pennington is set for a medical at Hull today, ahead of a season-long loan deal.
- GFFN reckon Everton’s 29 year old midfielder, Morgan Schneiderlin is very close to the Goodison exit door. Fanatik report Oumar Niasse has told the Toffees he wants to leave and is very close to completing a move to Trabzonspor. Meanwhile Yannick Bolasie who has 2 year left on his contract, has dismissed reports linking him with CSKA Moscow, fearing racist protests.
Well that’s it. It’s been a long old summer. Thanks to @Kinky Koeman for filling in when I had a flight to catch, and thanks for the positive feedback. I know lots of the rumours are jarg, but at least it gives us something to talk about.
Time to re-charge the batteries before the January window. Up the Toffees.
I’m not saying they don’t deserve thanks but I’m guessing they use a news meta search such as
Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)
It looks like you're using ad blocker. We get it, but (1) Grand Old Team can't live without ads, we ensure they're not intrusive and (2) ad blocks can cause issues with site performance. If you'd like to support the site, and help ensure we can stay online, please do whitelist us. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.