Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....yes, possibly. We can get overrun by physicality in there, especially against teams who break with pace and running power.

True. But overall I think we massively lack ball players in midfield as well as power.

No doubt Schniderlin, Besic, and McCarthy going so that leaves Davies, Dowell, Baningime, Gana as a midfield for next season.

True. But overall I think we massively lack ball players in midfield as well as power.

No doubt Schniderlin, Besic, and McCarthy going so that leaves Davies, Dowell, Baningime, Gana as a midfield for next season.
We need two, but Mooy is absolutely opposite of what we need. If we ever want to compete at a high level, we need guys that can play a ball, and ALSO contribute in other ways. The lack of physicality and athleticism in our midfield apart from Gana is embarrassing.

Ibrahim Sangare was good again I thought for Toulose, but there are others. Billings is interesting, I love Denis Zakaria. But we need guys that can dominate both with and without the ball in the midfield. We are just physically outmatched far too often.

Max Aarons is pretty good, but I can't imagine bringing in just a decent right back. We really need someone better than Coleman. Loan out Kenny, Holgate as backup RB and CB.

Love these shouts.

Especially when the RS bought Robertson (a fraction of the price of Digne) and Leicester bought Maguire (half the price of Keane) from relegated Hull.

Did that guy stand out at Huddersfield? Robertson and Maguire maybe but how about the other 20 odd players in the squad? That guy just isn’t very good. I think it’s a horrible shout we are supposed to aim to break into the top 6 and we aim to sign Mooy...

Jeez, jumped to the last page of this thread and can see mitrovic. I'm sorry, but is he really any better than tosun? They both have the same weaknesses and in fact tosun is a much better finisher. Come on, why do our fans slate our best players and want us to sign lower table muck?
That is really good point. If Silva wanted an immobile central striker then we would be playing Tosun. He doesn't because he wants the mobility and work rate of DCL and Richarlson.
And in the same breath those who say this also give Giroud a shout

Made my decision on gomes now. Dosnt impose himself on games,. Seems to lack the physical fitness required for this league,. Too slow. I'd let him go back. We need fast physical players to compete with the top 6. Zouma seems to have one good game one bad not consistent enough. The list could go on......
Yet in the game against Arsenal he ran the furthest distance that any prem player has covered all season...

Interestingly we’ve got a set of players who battle harder against better opposition, there are plenty of holes in the team when it comes to breaking down poorer teams and for that we need options.

The game yesterday doesn’t present too much information about the squad as we all knew the weaknesses but it’s clear Marco needs more time and additional quality coming in before we get to go on a run beyond what we achieved recently.

I’m not disheartened if we don’t finish in 7th as a club we are right now we aren’t cut out for the challenge extra games would bring, People will disagree with me, but I would like to see a cluster of players come in the summer and our primary focus to blend them in - I would hope we have options to mix it up and for the competition within to create better results but with European games would be too much of a problem when we’d be mixing up the starting line-ups too much and not creating the cohesion we so badly need.

I’m hoping we add Zouma, a utility player who can cover a few positions - 2 central midfielders (I would take Gomes) another attacking utility player and a striker.

Perhaps Onyekuru and Vlasic come in and add competition to allow us to offload Walcott.

6 players to support the team and launching a few players out who seldom offer anything.
iI it means taking loans so be it. But, we need to let Davies go out and prove himself as I don’t see him progressing with such limited game time.

There’s a small core of players we rely on presently, we need to boost the numbers in respect of having players able to contribute to cover poor form, different roles to combat different tactics. The team is on the whole lacking quality.
My only question is who makes the core of our team?

....yes, possibly. We can get overrun by physicality in there, especially against teams who break with pace and running power.

Loftus-Cheek may be one of the most physically gifted players in the league good skill and decent passing yet any shout for him is dismissed as utter gash.

Loftus-Cheek may be one of the most physically gifted players in the league good skill and decent passing yet any shout for him is dismissed as utter gash.
Physically gifted? Why? Because he's tall?

He's not a good defensive midfielder. So to replace Sigurdsson?

Gomes is capable of being the box to box player we need but has been inconsistent. If Gana leaves I think we need a similar type of player who is better at defending than attacking ,as our defence needs a lot of protection in front of it.
I think we will try and sign Gomes but he has to be more consistent.As for Siggurdsson,well he scores goals and creates chances which is what he is in the team for but not convinced he is the best we can get in that position.
As to players coming in I admit to not watching as much football as my learned colleagues on this site ,so will leave it to them and Mr Brands to sort it out.

Last edited:
We need two, but Mooy is absolutely opposite of what we need. If we ever want to compete at a high level, we need guys that can play a ball, and ALSO contribute in other ways. The lack of physicality and athleticism in our midfield apart from Gana is embarrassing.

Ibrahim Sangare was good again I thought for Toulose, but there are others. Billings is interesting, I love Denis Zakaria. But we need guys that can dominate both with and without the ball in the midfield. We are just physically outmatched far too often.

Max Aarons is pretty good, but I can't imagine bringing in just a decent right back. We really need someone better than Coleman. Loan out Kenny, Holgate as backup RB and CB.

I see this idea has caused some upset.

Maybe not Mooy himself (I'd like him) but to me Brands should be looking at a similar CM.

Mooy has made more forward passes and had more touches than Gomes and Siggurdson so far this season. Pass completion is better than Sigggy and less than Gomes. He's also scored more and created more than Gomes.

Gomes should be number 1 target in that position. But he needs a back up. Whether it's Mooy or whoever, I still think he's the type we should look for.

Unless Dowell is given the nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.