• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He proved today what a terrible finisher he is

Hes an impressive unit, lead the line very well today, cant say ive seen much of Fulham this season and he was impressive, but he was very wasteful, something I noticed when looking at "stats". Yes I know, people are ant-stats, but for me I find them useful for players I hardly watch.

111 shots, same amount as Salah, Salah has 53 on target and 18 goals, Mitrovic has 41 on target and 10 goals.

"Our" biggest complaint regarding DCL is the fact that he isnt clinical enough, Mitrovic isnt the answer.

For me DCL has a bigger upside and ideally we would probably buy a different kind of player to DCL.

Thought nitric I looked good toady, a real handful , it is literally the only time I seen him play and I was impressed , saying that , I no longer judge people off performances against us after Bolasie looked like pele every time he played us

We need a striker that can score goals. People can bleat on until the cows come home about how it’s not about just scoring goals it’s about “bringing others into play/holding the ball up/dragging defenders away” but it doesn’t change the fact that we need someone who can actually score.

Oh and on a side note we gave Mitrovic 2 free headers and 5 more shots on goal on a plate and he didn’t score. Move on.

Made my decision on gomes now. Dosnt impose himself on games,. Seems to lack the physical fitness required for this league,. Too slow. I'd let him go back. We need fast physical players to compete with the top 6. Zouma seems to have one good game one bad not consistent enough. The list could go on......

The current batch of Belgian players.
Is this their golden generation?
KDB, Hazard, Courtois, even Lukaku, are just on their way down from their best. If Batshuayi was hailed as the new breed but he's turned out cack. I hope we're not blinded by the Belgian tag, pretty much as we were when anybody born Holland was seen as the next Cruyff.

Interestingly we’ve got a set of players who battle harder against better opposition, there are plenty of holes in the team when it comes to breaking down poorer teams and for that we need options.

The game yesterday doesn’t present too much information about the squad as we all knew the weaknesses but it’s clear Marco needs more time and additional quality coming in before we get to go on a run beyond what we achieved recently.

I’m not disheartened if we don’t finish in 7th as a club we are right now we aren’t cut out for the challenge extra games would bring, People will disagree with me, but I would like to see a cluster of players come in the summer and our primary focus to blend them in - I would hope we have options to mix it up and for the competition within to create better results but with European games would be too much of a problem when we’d be mixing up the starting line-ups too much and not creating the cohesion we so badly need.

I’m hoping we add Zouma, a utility player who can cover a few positions - 2 central midfielders (I would take Gomes) another attacking utility player and a striker.

Perhaps Onyekuru and Vlasic come in and add competition to allow us to offload Walcott.

6 players to support the team and launching a few players out who seldom offer anything.
iI it means taking loans so be it. But, we need to let Davies go out and prove himself as I don’t see him progressing with such limited game time.

There’s a small core of players we rely on presently, we need to boost the numbers in respect of having players able to contribute to cover poor form, different roles to combat different tactics. The team is on the whole lacking quality.

Made my decision on gomes now. Dosnt impose himself on games,. Seems to lack the physical fitness required for this league,. Too slow. I'd let him go back. We need fast physical players to compete with the top 6. Zouma seems to have one good game one bad not consistent enough. The list could go on......
Go and insert yourself into the trash can.

Spot on. He is good on the ball. He does other things well. Classy passer, really helps in possession. But he doesn't create enough when he has the ball and is mediocre at best when we don't have possession. If his positioning was better, he could get away with being slower.

We need a striker that can score goals. People can bleat on until the cows come home about how it’s not about just scoring goals it’s about “bringing others into play/holding the ball up/dragging defenders away” but it doesn’t change the fact that we need someone who can actually score.

Oh and on a side note we gave Mitrovic 2 free headers and 5 more shots on goal on a plate and he didn’t score. Move on.
Mitrovic is a funny one from what I've seen of him. Big strong, holds up the ball well and gets into great positions - but as for actually putting the ball in the net there's barely anyone worse.

Was mitrovic that missed a pointblank header against us when he was at Newcastle wasn't it ? The game cleverly actually scored the winner

Status
Not open for further replies.