• Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

DCL 238 minutes per goal
Mitrovic 283 minutes per goal

Mitrovic has played double the minutes DCL has.

Hes honestly no better.

Include DCL's attitude, athleticism and willingness to work for the team and it is a no contest. I think we should look at Drogba who struggled until he filled out and got to grips with the physicality of the game. Big strikers take longer to develop. DCL when he is 27/28 will be an absolute beast. To compare him with Mitrovic who is a fat, lazy opportunist is an insult.

Include DCL's attitude, athleticism and willingness to work for the team and it is a no contest. I think we should look at Drogba who struggled until he filled out and got to grips with the physicality of the game. Big strikers take longer to develop. DCL when he is 27/28 will be an absolute beast. To compare him with Mitrovic who is a fat, lazy opportunist is an insult.

Let me get this right....you’re comparing DCL to Didier Drogba. The obvious question arises....what the hell have you been drinking/sniffing/smoking?

Let me get this right....you’re comparing DCL to Didier Drogba. The obvious question arises....what the hell have you been drinking/sniffing/smoking?

At DCL's age Drogba was playing in France's Ligue 2, he then had a spell at Guingamp before he finally made his breakthrough at Marseille in his mid twenties.

I am not saying that DCL will turn in to Drogba but at DCL's age Drogba was playing at a far lower level. Give the kid a chance is all I am saying.

Jeez, jumped to the last page of this thread and can see mitrovic. I'm sorry, but is he really any better than tosun? They both have the same weaknesses and in fact tosun is a much better finisher. Come on, why do our fans slate our best players and want us to sign lower table muck?

Jeez, jumped to the last page of this thread and can see mitrovic. I'm sorry, but is he really any better than tosun? They both have the same weaknesses and in fact tosun is a much better finisher. Come on, why do our fans slate our best players and want us to sign lower table muck?

That is really good point. If Silva wanted an immobile central striker then we would be playing Tosun. He doesn't because he wants the mobility and work rate of DCL and Richarlson.

That is really good point. If Silva wanted an immobile central striker then we would be playing Tosun. He doesn't because he wants the mobility and work rate of DCL and Richarlson.
That's part of it, but Tosun is nothing like Mitro. Mitro is strong and can play with his back to the goal. He's great in the air. Tosun isn't some target striker or anything. Heck, he was typically playing as a second striker in Turkey.

That's part of it, but Tosun is nothing like Mitro. Mitro is strong and can play with his back to the goal. He's great in the air. Tosun isn't some target striker or anything. Heck, he was typically playing as a second striker in Turkey.

Newcastle got rid of Mitrovic because he couldn't hold the ball up and is incredibly lazy. Ask a Newcastle fan if they would swap Rondon for Mitrovic.

Newcastle got rid of Mitrovic because he couldn't hold the ball up and is incredibly lazy. Ask a Newcastle fan if they would swap Rondon for Mitrovic.
I didn't say I'd buy either, but Mitro can hold the ball in space. He's good with the ball at his feet.

Regardless, I don't think we'd buy someone quite that slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.