Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you totally ignoring the 32 games he has played this season? The very reason he was sent there on loan??!?!?!?!?
I'm fully aware of everything the lad has done this season (&last)
Still not seen anything concrete he is getting clearance to play for us.
Until then he cant play for us.

There is literally no upside to paying up contracts.

Why pay a player his whole contract all at once rather than keep him and pay that full amount as a worst case scenario anyway? You'd also remove the possibility of selling them, loaning them for a fee and part of (if not all) that wage and possibly even needing to use them.

If we - for example - had Besic here next season and he was just hanging around the place, I'd prefer to be able to call on him if we got three or four central midfield injuries in December. Rather than him being elsewhere having had his contract bought out by Everton the summer before.

We'd be lose-lose in that scenario which is why no clubs anywhere do it.

If you can loan a player out, then agree you may as well keep doing that. Having them around the club though is very dangerous. They likely won't be happy and could cause problems within the squad, especially if the team goes on a bad run. This is why you see some clubs make players train away from the first team squad. I do see you point in many respects though.

Klaassen didnt get a chance. Mori was very hot or cold. Neither was rubbish.
Mori has played 35 games for Villareal this season, so yes, he’s getting in the team. They have struggled in LaLiga this season, but done well in Europe. Klaassen has played 34 games for a good Wolvesburg side, sitting in 6th, having scored 6 and assisted 4 in less than 30games.
Both decent players, maybe not fit for the prem, but that doesnt make them rubbish.
I didn’t say klassen was rubbish, maybe not suited to the prem.

But I stand by my comment on Mori, he was shocking, and awful defender who averaged 2/3 errors every game. Be it, giving it straight to the opposition in the edge of our box, missing a straight forward header or being dragged out of position. Couldn’t wait to see the back of him. And it’s no surprise to me Villarreal are struggling

AC9B062A-5309-4A9F-A96E-05D1C29F83B5.jpeg

Those appearances in Turkey will not affect his ability to get a work permit
It’s his fee and International appearances that have the most effect on it
It does

" on a points based system, the player’s experience and value before deciding whether the player can join the club " that is what we would use if he does not qualify via the international caps method

Totally unrelated but one of the tweets on that page is

[B]John B (+)[/B] Retweeted
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1036932945339187201/RwfBhY2T_bigger.jpg[/IMG][B]Streatham Rovers FC[/B]‏ @[B]StreathamRovers[/B] Apr 9
More
Here's the teamsheet for tonight's game and we are absolutely furious because Sydenham have fielded their players to spell out "SRFC ARE [Poor language removed]". We know this for a fact because Dane Francis, a striker, is wearing number 3. Hope the league committee throw the book at them for this.
1555075067268.png

But I stand by my comment on Mori, he was shocking, and awful defender who averaged 2/3 errors every game. Be it, giving it straight to the opposition in the edge of our box, missing a straight forward header or being dragged out of position. Couldn’t wait to see the back of him. And it’s no surprise to me Villarreal are struggling
Agree to disagree on Mori, i guess. Ive seen our current defence make the same mistakes Mori did, but they've mostly put it behind them. With a decent coach, I think he would have been more than okey for us.

And fair play on Klaaseen, I misread your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.