Not open for further replies.
Baines 1 year deal
-
Jagielka released and to end up at Cardiff or somewhere else on a two-year deal
Niasse sold for around 5m
Tosun sold at a big loss
Schneiderlin sold for half of what we paid for him at best
Mirallas sold for next to nothing
Bolasie sold at a huge loss or loaned out again with us footing half of his wages
Stekelenberg sold or released
Williams out of contract and released
Martina sold very cheaply
Sandro loaned out again with us footing half of his wages
Besic sold very cheaply
McCarthy sold for around 5m
Pennington loaned out
Galloway released
Garbutt loaned out again with us footing half of his wages

Reactions: Tez
Every day this thread strays further from God.

Yesterday we had Ladeside typing with his feet and today we've got RomanReigns arguing the toss that him characterizing a winger from PSV as a number 10 from Ajax is not fair game for being corrected.
Well it isn’t fair game because I don’t watch the Dutch league and I only mentioned him because someone posted a vid of his goal in this thread a few days ago hence why my original post asked 2 questions about the player in the first place

So sniff it butterfingers

Reactions: Tez

Marco Silva has confirmed Everton will only spend "big" on young players this summer but insists the club remain open to adding experienced names too.

Silva has backed up Marcel Brands' revelation that the Blues plan to make any significant investment in targets aged 20-25/26 this summer as another squad revamp is planned.

But the Everton manager insists the club will not rule out signing players older than that even though the "model" is to pursue younger targets.

In January, majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri conceded Everton may have to pay hefty transfer feesto land some of Europe's emerging talent but said they would command lesser wages than players with more experience.

The latest set of club accounts revealed the Blues' wage bill had risen to £145m and Brands is tasked with reducing that further as he prepares to enter his second year at Goodison.

Everton signed players with an average age of less than 24 last summer and though repeat business is being lined up, Silva says he and Brands will always remain open to recruiting players outside of the preferred age range.

"You can prepare a model and have an idea," Silva told the ECHO.

"To spend an big, big, big amount it is better to spend like we spent on Richarlison, on Mina, on Lucas. The players you can see who have five or six years to play at our club or you make some profit, whatever can happen.

"But sometimes it is not that easy to be black and white. There is that grey in the middle and at some moments in a season and in the market, you have to do something different.

"It is not something that is always black and white, sometimes it has to be grey, but as a business you have to think in this way and try and find these type of solutions but in some moments you can change a little bit because it is football.

"Sometimes we will have a target, aged 24, but you cannot get him so you have to change a little bit.

But when Marcel spoke, he spoke about our general idea, for sure."

Everton are expected to make several senior players for sale this summer with Kevin Mirallas, Cenk Tosun and Oumar Niasse among those likely to leave.

Ashley Williams, 34, is out of contract and will be released while Goodison veterans Phil Jagielka and Leighton Baines are also coming to the end of their deals with decisions on their futures not expected until the end of the season.

But Silva insists adding a player in his 30s is not out of the question.

"What me and Marcel, and what we want, is to improve, within our possibilities as a club," he said.

"We did that last summer and it is our obligation to do this summer also.

"We have to look at all of the aspects: age, their quality, how they are as a professional, the wages - everything is a package and after that we have to take the best decision for us as a club."

Every day this thread strays further from God.

Yesterday we had Ladeside typing with his feet and today we've got RomanReigns arguing the toss that him characterizing a winger from PSV as a number 10 from Ajax is not fair game for being corrected.
Rather type with my feet than my tongue

Oh my goodness. Just listened to the latest view from the Gwladys Street podcast. One of the lads suggested selling Dowell and Davies, and bringing Mirallas, Yannick and Sandro back. Apparently Bolasie is “good for a goal outside the area”.

Listened to the same thing yesterday, was literally laughing my head off at the absolute conviction he had when he said it. He's the same guy who keeps saying we could drop into that relegation battle after every defeat, despite 9 odd teams needing a better record than us.
I alos remember a month or so back someone saying something like "if we have about 80million we should maybe look at someone like Greizman"

Tell you what, i only tend to listen to it as the national podcasts have very little Everton related content but its a tough tough listen at times and how some of the people on it have been allowed out the house let alone given air time is beyond me!

Marco Silva has confirmed Everton will only spend "big" on young players this summer but insists the club remain open to adding experienced names too.

Silva has backed up Marcel Brands' revelation that the Blues plan to make any significant investment in targets aged 20-25/26 this summer as another squad revamp is planned.

But the Everton manager insists the club will not rule out signing players older than that even though the "model" is to pursue younger targets.

In January, majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri conceded Everton may have to pay hefty transfer feesto land some of Europe's emerging talent but said they would command lesser wages than players with more experience.

The latest set of club accounts revealed the Blues' wage bill had risen to £145m and Brands is tasked with reducing that further as he prepares to enter his second year at Goodison.

Everton signed players with an average age of less than 24 last summer and though repeat business is being lined up, Silva says he and Brands will always remain open to recruiting players outside of the preferred age range.

"To spend an big, big, big amount it is better to spend like we spent on Richarlison, on Mina, on Lucas. The players you can see who have five or six years to play at our club or you make some profit, whatever can happen.

"But sometimes it is not that easy to be black and white. There is that grey in the middle and at some moments in a season and in the market, you have to do something different.

"It is not something that is always black and white, sometimes it has to be grey, but as a business you have to think in this way and try and find these type of solutions but in some moments you can change a little bit because it is football.

"Sometimes we will have a target, aged 24, but you cannot get him so you have to change a little bit.

Everton are expected to make several senior players for sale this summer with Kevin Mirallas, Cenk Tosun and Oumar Niasse among those likely to leave.

Ashley Williams, 34, is out of contract and will be released while Goodison veterans Phil Jagielka and Leighton Baines are also coming to the end of their deals with decisions on their futures not expected until the end of the season.

"What me and Marcel, and what we want, is to improve, within our possibilities as a club," he said.

"We have to look at all of the aspects: age, their quality, how they are as a professional, the wages - everything is a package and after that we have to take the best decision for us as a club."

Happy with this.

So let me see if I’ve got this. He’s only traded in 1 of the 2 windows he’s presided over. This makes him only 50% effective. So if he trades in the next transfer window, he’ll be 66% effective??
He's told you that he views the January window as not a time to act. How can he not be seen as someone who utilises only 50% of the capacity he has to do the principle part of his job?

Rooney coming back then.....

Status
Not open for further replies.