Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll start the season as first choice striker.

That's awful planning by Everton.

That's all. You get your targets in, not pin all your hopes on signing them last minute.

To not start the season with a better striker is absolutely criminal.

It is not planning mate. It is the fact that no one wants to buy the previous manager/dof crap.If we could offload all the players we had wanted then this window would be totally different. We cannot just buy 5 players while others are still on the books cos if we cannot get rid of them then our wage bill and squad size is not nearly maintainable.

We know who we want, we need to make space for them.

Once the Lookman deal is compete you would think the money will be spent, smae with Gana.

Unfortuantely,it looks like players like theo,bolasie,kev and Morgs are not attracting any interest.

Not our manages fault

It is not planning mate. It is the fact that no one wants to buy the previous manager/dof crap.If we could offload all the players we had wanted then this window would be totally different. We cannot just buy 5 players while others are still on the books cos if we cannot get rid of them then our wage bill and squad size is not nearly maintainable.

We know who we want, we need to make space for them.

Once the Lookman deal is compete you would think the money will be spent, smae with Gana.

Unfortuantely,it looks like players like theo,bolasie,kev and Morgs are not attracting any interest.

Not our manages fault

Miralles will be at Anderlecht by the end of the window. Kompany is in the process of destroying their reputation for giving youth a chance by hosing money at people he liked playing with and against.

Ok, so the striker you want (the one you've targeted and scouted) isn't going to be released by his club until they know the outcome of other business. You have to be patient.

What then? Run out and sign somebody you haven't researched who maybe doesn't fit with your coach's style just because they're "in early"?
Come off it mucker.

There are hundreds of strikers out there. Brands is paid handsomely to find better players. Do you think teenager Kean is the best and only player available?

We pay millions upon millions in wages for useless gets like Bolasie, Sandro, Besic, McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Stekelenberg, Davies, Mirallas, Niasse, Walcott, Martina, Tosun, what's another pile of cash for the one position we so desperately need to fill?

We're not talking about needing a new squad. It's one position that should get us another 15 points next season

The club has had nigh on two years to get this sorted.

You have to question their ambition to break into the top four if they don't sort this very soon.

Come off it mucker.

There are hundreds of strikers out there. Brands is paid handsomely to find better players. Do you think teenager Kean is the best and only player available?

We pay millions upon millions in wages for useless gets like Bolasie, Sandro, Besic, McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Stekelenberg, Davies, Mirallas, Niasse, Walcott, Martina, Tosun, what's another pile of cash for the one position we so desperately need to fill?

You have to question their ambition to break into the top four if they don't sort this very soon.

So your argument is that we have a load of players we've thrown money at that haven't worked out so let's just keep taking punts?

I'm sure the club know there are hundreds of strikers out there. I'm also sure they don't just want any old striker. If you want to get in the Top 6 or 4 or whatever you don't do it by just buying the registration of any old player... You plan.

Come off it mucker.

Name one who is available and within our price range, that we haven’t approached and been knocked back for whatever reason ?

Ps - I believe Shane Long, Andy Caroll and Charlie Austin are available.

Ok, so the striker you want (the one you've targeted and scouted) isn't going to be released by his club until they know the outcome of other business. You have to be patient.

What then? Run out and sign somebody you haven't researched who maybe doesn't fit with your coach's style just because they're "in early"?

Clubs don’t target just >one< player. At least they don’t outside probably the top 5-7 teams in Europe who are already close to their peak and are looking for a very unique skillset.

For the majority of other, properly run clubs with efficient and effective DOF’s, they have a number of pre-agreed targets for several positions and work their way down the list trying to achieve the best outcome.

If one player doesn’t come for whatever reason, there are (or should be) alternatives that would also sufficiently improve us that have also been heavily scouted throughout the season.

Didn't know that

Simon Davies (of Spurs fame) is their new youth team coach. Nasri has washed up there, a couple of his mates from around the Belgian league too. Rumours on others also. The interesting part is that he's loaning in a bunch of City's academy too... They'll have a completely new team come the start of the season.

....it’s Wednesday 24th July and here’s this morning’s Toffee transfer round-up;

- RMC report Everton want Lille midfielder, Boubakaray Soumare. Wolves have reportedly bid €40m but the 20 year old Frenchman wasn’t keen on the move, saying he preferred to stay in France for another season.

- According to El Desmarque, Barcelona winger Malcom is available for transfer. Everton are prepared to pay €35m for the 22 year old Brazilian but the Spanish club want to recoup the €41m they paid.

- Le Parisien continue to claim Everton have agreed to sell 29 year old midfielder, Idrissa Gueye, to PSG for €32m (£29m).

- German outlet Bild now report Ademola Lookman’s move to RB Leipzig is imminent. The Everton winger was seen arriving in Germany ahead of a medical and the transfer is set to be announced this morning. The 21 year old will cost €18m with €2m in add-ons. Because of a 15% of profit sell on clause, The London Evening Standard report Charlton Athletic will receive £1.3m from the deal.

- The Liverpool Echo say Republic of Ireland Manager, Mick McCarthy, has urged 28 year old Everton midfielder, James McCarthy, to leave Goodison: “I’ve chatted with James & he knows my view that he needs games on a regular basis. He’s a hugely important player for us but I need him to be playing week in & week out now that he’s fit & he understands that”.

- Turkish Journalist, Berk Gol, believes Galatasaray have ‘accelerated’ their pursuit of Everton midfielder, Morgan Schneiderlin. Reports earlier this week suggested the Turkish club had launched a loan bid for the 29 year old Frenchman.

- FC Porto attacker, Yacine Brahimi has completed a big money transfer to Qatar club, Al-Rayyan. The 29 year old has long been linked with the Toffees.

- Italian reporter, Giovanni Capuano, says Inter Milan have turned their attention to Lille striker Rafael Leao after being put off by Manchester United’s £80m price tag for Romelu Lukaku. Everton were set to receive a £5m windfall from the Lukaku sale. Leao was once tracked by the Toffees and is also linked to Wolves.

- Kurt Zouma is quoted by the Liverpool Echo: “I enjoyed my time at Everton but i’m a Chelsea player & I want to do well to get my chance & be here”.

- Everton’s Official Site has confirmed that 21 year old Bassala Sambou has completed a move to Fortuna Sittard. The German born attacker became a free agent at the end of June but because of his age, Everton will receive a FIFA Training Compensation fee.

I’ve been in Cyprus these past few weeks but fly back to the U.K. later this morning. It means I’ll be posting a few hours later (approximately 7am BST) from tomorrow, apologies to any Blues in far off places who appear to have been picking up these very early updates.
I don't watch French football but a lot of people are touting Boubakaray Soumare as their replacement. Thoughts on here?

Clubs don’t target just >one< player. At least they don’t outside probably the top 5-7 teams in Europe who are already close to their peak and are looking for a very unique skillset.

For the majority of other, properly run clubs with efficient and effective DOF’s, they have a number of pre-agreed targets for several positions and work their way down the list trying to achieve the best outcome.

If one player doesn’t come for whatever reason, there are (or should be) alternatives that would also sufficiently improve us that have also been heavily scouted throughout the season.

I'm agreeing with you. What I am saying is that we are still in that process.

Status
Not open for further replies.