Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Eggs - I won’t lie it’s become a bit of last thing at night ritual to tune in to your update before bed here in California. Thanks while it lasted!

...ah, it’s nice to see the round-up appreciated. I’ll continue until the window closes in just over a fortnight, but the post will be a few hours later. Hope you and other Californian Toffee @LinekersLegs are looking forward to the new season.

That is not the season as the OP stated is it though?

Let's just wait and see before punching ourselves in the face and looking stupid
I agree to wait. As long as you agree to come back to this post after the first game and admit our suspicions were correct.

Dignes numbers aren't sufficiently good to justify Bernard being particularly bad.

For example Perreira, Holebas, Azpilicueta, Bellerin, Doherty, Kolasinac and even Benjamin Mendy (who seemed to be out half the season) created more than Digne last season.

If Digne was our main creative outlet, putting up insanely strong numbers, over and above what is considered normal for a full back then you could make concessions for Bernards work ethic and clever running.

He isn't. And that's not me having a pop at Digne who is a very good LB. That's me saying Bernard's lack of numbers can't be attributed to an 'above average' season from Digne when the statistics just don't bear that out.

Bernard's numbers are irrelevant. It doesn't tell the full story.

It doesn't matter if he gets the final pass for an assist, it matters if he is involved in the build up.

The best indicator to judge a player like Bernard (or any player) is the eye test and he ticks most of those boxes for me.

I agree to wait. As long as you agree to come back to this post after the first game and admit our suspicions were correct.
That we will have DCL upfront next season? What do you think our obvious pursuit of Mois kean is about? Sticking him on the bench? Malcolm also on the bench and richie on the right all to accomodate DCL?

THere is no question DCL will get a lot of game time but due to Marcels choice not lack of options.

That we will have DCL upfront next season? What do you think our obvious pursuit of Mois kean is about? Sticking him on the bench? Malcolm also on the bench and richie on the right all to accomodate DCL?

THere is no question DCL will get a lot of game time but due to Marcels choice not lack of options.
He'll start the season as first choice striker.

That's awful planning by Everton.

That's all. You get your targets in, not pin all your hopes on signing them last minute.

To not start the season with a better striker is absolutely criminal.

He'll start the season as first choice striker.

That's awful planning by Everton.

That's all. You get your targets in, not pin all your hopes on signing them last minute.

To not start the season with a better striker is absolutely criminal.

So, if it were in your hands, what would you have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.