Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate??!! Of course he was scouted, do you think the manager just randomly picked his name out of a hat blindfolded and said yep, he will do?

They get credit for getting a player on a free then selling for £30mill. Same way Dortmund get credit for signing Dembele for €15mill and selling for over €120mill.

Porto, Benfica, Monaco and Atletico are masters at it.
Everyone wanted Leao. Man City, Dortmund, etc. He only left Sporting because of the supporters attacking the players and it allowed him to void his contract. He blew through the U19s, then Sporting II, and was in the first team by 18. He was - and is - one of the most promising young talents in Europe. This wasn't some nugget the scouts found, Lille won the bidding.

Correct me if I'm wrong but has he ever put a tackle in?
The occasional tackle, yes. But it's not often. Put it this way, when I looked at all the players we've been linked to (and a few more with good metrics from top 5 leagues), he was 2nd worst in defensive duels per 90. He's played a lot more CM and usually out on the right with Milan. Even with that being said, he's not very creative and doesn't pass it forward very often. Some of that may have to do with Milan and how dreadful they've been, but he's definitely not become the stud he was supposed to be, at least not yet. He's still only 22.

I am starting to get a bit twitchy too tbh. Not ready to join the bed wetters club yet but definitely twitching. Brands needs to do his magic like super fast. With Gueye's imminent departure and Zouma preferring to take his chance at Chelsea rather than us, we are showing once again that we are still not an attractive enough package to either tempt or keep quality players in the club and as a result we have gone backwards and have a poorer squad than last season and he has got just 17 days left to make our squad better than it was last season which is starting to look more and more like a very tall order.

It is still possible though so do your dolly dealing please Mr Brands.

I’m not a bed wetter I will wait until after the final day then will defecate feces , urine , vomit and tears simultaneously for an hour before the anger takes over and then depression sets in until the end of the season.

....it’s Wednesday 24th July and here’s this morning’s Toffee transfer round-up;

- RMC report Everton want Lille midfielder, Boubakaray Soumare. Wolves have reportedly bid €40m but the 20 year old Frenchman wasn’t keen on the move, saying he preferred to stay in France for another season.

- According to El Desmarque, Barcelona winger Malcom is available for transfer. Everton are prepared to pay €35m for the 22 year old Brazilian but the Spanish club want to recoup the €41m they paid.

- Le Parisien continue to claim Everton have agreed to sell 29 year old midfielder, Idrissa Gueye, to PSG for €32m (£29m).

- German outlet Bild now report Ademola Lookman’s move to RB Leipzig is imminent. The Everton winger was seen arriving in Germany ahead of a medical and the transfer is set to be announced this morning. The 21 year old will cost €18m with €2m in add-ons. Because of a 15% of profit sell on clause, The London Evening Standard report Charlton Athletic will receive £1.3m from the deal.

- The Liverpool Echo say Republic of Ireland Manager, Mick McCarthy, has urged 28 year old Everton midfielder, James McCarthy, to leave Goodison: “I’ve chatted with James & he knows my view that he needs games on a regular basis. He’s a hugely important player for us but I need him to be playing week in & week out now that he’s fit & he understands that”.

- Turkish Journalist, Berk Gol, believes Galatasaray have ‘accelerated’ their pursuit of Everton midfielder, Morgan Schneiderlin. Reports earlier this week suggested the Turkish club had launched a loan bid for the 29 year old Frenchman.

- FC Porto attacker, Yacine Brahimi has completed a big money transfer to Qatar club, Al-Rayyan. The 29 year old has long been linked with the Toffees.

- Italian reporter, Giovanni Capuano, says Inter Milan have turned their attention to Lille striker Rafael Leao after being put off by Manchester United’s £80m price tag for Romelu Lukaku. Everton were set to receive a £5m windfall from the Lukaku sale. Leao was once tracked by the Toffees and is also linked to Wolves.

- Kurt Zouma is quoted by the Liverpool Echo: “I enjoyed my time at Everton but i’m a Chelsea player & I want to do well to get my chance & be here”.

- Everton’s Official Site has confirmed that 21 year old Bassala Sambou has completed a move to Fortuna Sittard. The German born attacker became a free agent at the end of June but because of his age, Everton will receive a FIFA Training Compensation fee.

I’ve been in Cyprus these past few weeks but fly back to the U.K. later this morning. It means I’ll be posting a few hours later (approximately 7am BST) from tomorrow, apologies to any Blues in far off places who appear to have been picking up these very early updates.

Last edited:
....it’s Wednesday 24th July and here’s this morning’s Toffee transfer round-up;

- RMC report Everton want Lille midfielder, Boubakaray Soumare. Wolves have reportedly bid €40m but the 20 year old Frenchman wasn’t keen on the move, saying he preferred to stay in France for another season.

- According to El Desmarque, Barcelona winger Malcom is available for transfer. Everton are prepared to pay €35m for the 22 year old Brazilian but the Spanish club want to recoup the €41m they paid.

- Le Parisien continue to claim Everton have agreed to sell 29 year old midfielder, Idrissa Gueye, to PSG for €32m (£29m).

- German outlet Bild now report Ademola Lookman’s move to RB Leipzig is imminent. The Everton winger was seen arriving in Germany ahead of a medical and the transfer is set to be announced this morning. The 21 year old will cost €18m with €2m in add-ons. Because of a 15% of profit sell on clause, The London Evening Standard report Charlton Athletic will receive £1.3m from the deal.

- The Liverpool Echo say Republic of Ireland Manager, Mick McCarthy, has urged 28 year old Everton midfielder, James McCarthy, to leave Goodison: “I’ve chatted with James & he knows my view that he needs games on a regular basis. He’s a hugely important player for us but I need him to be playing week in & week out now that he’s fit & he understands that”.

- Turkish Journalist, Berk Gol, believes Galatasaray have ‘accelerated’ their pursuit of Everton midfielder, Morgan Schneiderlin. Reports earlier this week suggested the Turkish club had launched a loan bid for the 29 year old Frenchman.

- FC Porto attacker, Yacine Brahimi has completed a big money transfer to Qatar club, Al-Rayyan. The 29 year old has long been linked with the Toffees.

- Italian reporter, Giovanni Capuano, says Inter Milan have turned their attention to Lille striker Rafael Leao after being put off by Manchester United’s £80m price tag for Romelu Lukaku. Everton were set to receive a £5m windfall from the Lukaku sale. Leao was once tracked by the Toffees and is also linked to Wolves.

- Kurt Zouma is quoted by the Liverpool Echo: “I enjoyed my time at Everton but i’m a Chelsea player & I want to do well to get my chance & be here”.

- Everton’s Official Site has confirmed that 21 year old Bassala Sambou has completed a move to Fortuna Sittard. The German born attacker became a free agent at the end of June but because of his age, Everton will receive a FIFA Training Compensation fee.

I’ve been in Cyprus these past few weeks but fly back to the U.K. later this morning. It means I’ll be posting a few hours later (approximately 7am BST) from tomorrow, apologies to any Blues in far off places who appear to have been picking up these very early updates.
Thanks Eggs, always welcome any time

Maybe you should throw an application in to join special branch you've got me red handed, I must be the same guy because I type via paragraphs.

I'm sure Mcdonald's will be sad to lose a valued minimum wage worker.
A 'minimum wage worker'.
What a cheap jibe you horrible rat
@Groucho, time to layeth the smack it down on these candy asses here for so selfishly derailing our fine transfer thread.

That summary is a pretty depressing read lol

Turkish clubs are the Loan Arrangers

Status
Not open for further replies.