Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guarantee you if he started 10 games he'd score more than DCL would if he started the same 10.

The delusion of some of our supporters, you'd think the next Dixie Dean is out there now, fresh and only 23, just waiting for Everton to strike a deal for him.

Isn't he past it now though mate ? 33 and all surely Haller would be a better bet. No matter how good you were, can't play in the high speed premier league if your legs have gone. Love to be proven wrong here like, but a bit old ?

It’s not so much the selling of Vlasic and Lookman, more that SO FAR we’ve replaced them with a player approaching 30 and strongly linked with a 33 year old striker who these days doesn’t cut it.

If they didn’t see enough from the two youngsters then fair enough, sell them. But did they try hard enough to work with these players? We were told the strategy was to train, and work with the younger players at the club and improve them and not stand in these players way in the terms of chances. Were those two given those chances?

It’s disappointing to lose two clearly talented players and not give them more opportunities. At the end of the day though, it’s Silva’s call. If he’s watched them and feels they’re not for him then who are we to argue? It’s not our call it’s his.

I’m trying not to be too negative as there’s still a few weeks of the window left but at this stage, I’m really disappointed.

Still time!

I’m positive good things will happen. You haven’t even mentioned Gomes being brought in permanently and for a bargain price to boot. Plus most seem to think we’ve got a bargain in Delph. We’ve also moved on a fair amount of rubbish and players who weren’t contributing anything. Everything will also look better when we move on a few more from the unwanted pile.

We’ve been linked with so many players this window and 99% has been a load of make believe so I’ll worry about us signing 33 year old players when it actually happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.