Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to chill out about the DCL quote. Have you all forgotten that anything a manager says to the press must be taken with a huge grain of salt? What do you expect Silva to say? "We know DCL isn't good enough, so we're desperately looking for a replacement." Of course not. He's just supporting his player publicly. I'm sure behind closed doors they know what they want to do with the strike force and that an improvement is needed.

This would be against everything we’ve told, everything.

Makes zero sense, I was fully behind the idea of signing players with big fees and lower wages but I can’t get behind this.

Expect someone to spin it though.....

I’ve gone through your posting history. You’re quite negative. Is everything ok? Need to talk?

The form we ended last season with, including DCL up top, would challenge for the top 4 this season, particular with all our challengers being weaker.

I expect we’ll be even better this season as the team gets more used to Silva’s ideas and younger players, like DCL develop, however it’s all completely irrelevant as we will add in that area.

The team that ended last season though, would put in a top 4 challenge this season, which only reiterates how much we have to look forward to this forthcoming season.
What is this positivity?!

It’s not what I was hoping for either, but there are examples where it has worked eg Van Persie at Utd. If they get him then I think it means they are giving DCL the time to develop.
With regards to Lookman, they either have to play him or let him leave. I suspect it is already too late with him. Vlasic may turn out to be the right player at the wrong time.
I like Lookman, but successive managers have not played him, so what do I know?
It’s not so much the selling of Vlasic and Lookman, more that SO FAR we’ve replaced them with a player approaching 30 and strongly linked with a 33 year old striker who these days doesn’t cut it.

If they didn’t see enough from the two youngsters then fair enough, sell them. But did they try hard enough to work with these players? We were told the strategy was to train, and work with the younger players at the club and improve them and not stand in these players way in the terms of chances. Were those two given those chances?

It’s disappointing to lose two clearly talented players and not give them more opportunities. At the end of the day though, it’s Silva’s call. If he’s watched them and feels they’re not for him then who are we to argue? It’s not our call it’s his.

I’m trying not to be too negative as there’s still a few weeks of the window left but at this stage, I’m really disappointed.

Still time!

Didn't we 'contact' them about a month ago?

I thought by this point we'd be at least 'considering'? Or maybe even 'mulling'? Even potentially 'sizing up'.

Well either that or 'contemplating', 'deliberating', 'reflecting on' or 'ruminating'.

Basically doing everything a football club can physically do without putting an actual bid in.

I always like it when we are ‘preparing’ a bid.

Pass me what you’ve been smoking.

We played a lot of teams in terrible form.

This Everton side currently won’t be challenging for top 6 never mind top 4.

How you think DCL is worthy to play regularly for a top side I can’t figure out.

Would anyone around us have him?

Nobody above us would simple.

Wolves wouldnt

Leicester wouldn’t

West Ham now wouldn’t.

Wake up ffs
And we're back to normal

Didn't we 'contact' them about a month ago?

I thought by this point we'd be at least 'considering'? Or maybe even 'mulling'? Even potentially 'sizing up'.

Well either that or 'contemplating', 'deliberating', 'reflecting on' or 'ruminating'.

Basically doing everything a football club can physically do without putting an actual bid in.
Or more likely we didn’t have the cash and needed to offload a few players before we could slap hard cash on the table?

They wouldn’t be doing their job if the enquiring and setting up of deals on the chance players were sold and money became available, wasn’t done.

Maybe “The Esk” May have finally been on the money this time!

Or more likely we didn’t have the cash and needed to offload a few players before we could slap hard cash on the table?

They wouldn’t be doing their job if the enquiring and setting up of deals on the chance players were sold and money became available, wasn’t done.

Maybe “The Esk” May have finally been on the money this time!

Oh I know it's prudent to do deals in this manner - It's just difficult to shake the thought that we have another 'Giroud' situation brewing

Status
Not open for further replies.