Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
35m seems a lot for a player (Malcom) who has a 1 in 4 rate in Ligue 1, a 1 in 7 rate in Serie A and a 1 in 15 rate in La Liga....

Has anyone actually seen him play much? What would he bring?

He was 18 when he was playing in Brazil. At Bordeaux 1 in 4 on the wing for a very average team isn't a bad return at 19-21 years old - he played well enough to get Roma and Barca to pay £35m for him.

At Barca he's barely played. I watched him a few times for them and he was poor, but only had any substantial game time when they put out a much weaker team (whenever they did, they were awful as well and drew/lost the majority of those games).

He's a huge talent. In my opinion he fits the Digne/Gomes bracket of a quality player but maybe not good enough to compete with Alba, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc. Barca fans are used to expecting world class - it doesn't stop those players from being quality for us.

I'm wondering what Garbutt reflects on,going to Ipswich. 10 years at Everton, a really promising defender with a lot of national matches. As of now,playing as loanee at 26
He probably wishes he'd done more within the game but as a professional he probably made the right choice financially and should be sorted for the rest of his life. It might not be what he dreamt of as a kid but it's better than 99.9% of us realise by the age of 26.

He was awful for Huddersfield last season mate. A good example is the West Ham 4-3 defeat they had whilst the defence as a whole was shocking his positioning for the goals were very poor for a top level GK.

He's an improvement on Stek but that aint much - gotta pray Pickford plays 99% of games next season including the cups.

Huddersfield fans seemed sad he left.

Read bid rejected (£300k)

Wolves apparently keen also...

He was 18 when he was playing in Brazil. At Bordeaux 1 in 4 on the wing for a very average team isn't a bad return at 19-21 years old - he played well enough to get Roma and Barca to pay £35m for him.

At Barca he's barely played. I watched him a few times for them and he was poor, but only had any substantial game time when they put out a much weaker team (whenever they did, they were awful as well and drew/lost the majority of those games).

He's a huge talent. In my opinion he fits the Digne/Gomes bracket of a quality player but maybe not good enough to compete with Alba, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc. Barca fans are used to expecting world class - it doesn't stop those players from being quality for us.

Looked class in france, definitely an asset and similar calibre to Digne/Gomes and dare i say Mina ;)

One thing i cant figure out is why hes not been capped for Brazil? Hes been in the squad last year i think but not on the pitch...

Seems odd when theyre calling up and playing others...i think thats our main selling point with him, that he'll be alongside Richarlison.

I really like, him, Neres and Everton.

He seems to be unwanted for the simple reason that Valverde didnt ask for him and he was signed by the technical director...

Kenwright shambolically cocked up 3 stadium moves. Moshiri is building one in the docks with the first designs coming out in 2 weeks.

Moshiri cleared the debt completely, Kenwright has never invested a penny.

Moshiri binned off Elstone whom had been a disaster for the club and given free reign whilst Kenwright sat in London producing stage plays.

Take down you post, it's extremely embarrassing.
To be fair he is consistent
Most of his posts are extremely embarrassing

Huddersfield fans seemed sad he left.

Wolves apparently keen also...

Looked class in france, definitely an asset and similar calibre to Digne/Gomes and dare i say Mina ;)

One thing i cant figure out is why hes not been capped for Brazil? Hes been in the squad last year i think but not on the pitch...

Seems odd when theyre calling up and playing others...i think thats our main selling point with him, that he'll be alongside Richarlison.

I really like, him, Neres and Everton.

He seems to be unwanted for the simple reason that Valverde didnt ask for him and he was signed by the technical director...

It's not easy to get into that Brazil squad especially when he hasn't had much game time for Barca. When Neres, Everton, Richarlison, Neymar etc are all playing every game and on great form, it's unlikely he'd get opportunities.

I think that Neres and Malcom are very similar level players and the same age too. We'll probably sign whoever we can get the best deal for.

Even if Valverde did want him, can he really get into a team where their options are £110m Griezmann, £100m Dembele, £130m Coutinho, Suarez, and Messi?

City fans rate Delph, said he was great in 17/18, that’s saying something when they’re comparing him to De Bruyne and Fernandinho in those positions. I think he’ll prove to be shrewd business. Honestly for 8 mill it’s nothing to be bent out of shape about .
Pep found him useful. That's never a bad thing.

It's not easy to get into that Brazil squad especially when he hasn't had much game time for Barca. When Neres, Everton, Richarlison, Neymar etc are all playing every game and on great form, it's unlikely he'd get opportunities.

I think that Neres and Malcom are very similar level players and the same age too. We'll probably sign whoever we can get the best deal for.

Even if Valverde did want him, can he really get into a team where their options are £110m Griezmann, £100m Dembele, £130m Coutinho, Suarez, and Messi?

Certainly not getting into a team ahead of those theyve spent huge money on, also Dembele.

For me, Neres and Pepe are more similar than Malcom in the sense that they have lots of tricks up their sleeves...Pepe ive said before has a weird style like Asprilla...Neres is i think one season away from showing if he can hit the top level of performances...both their skills on the ball, dribbling etc are unreal.

Malcom i think is a bit different, i see him as more of a consistent player (which is odd to say seeing as Pepe consistently did so well last couple of seasons)...

What i mean is, he has some tricks up his sleeve but you kind of know what you will get from him...he just seems like someone more reliable who will consistently deliver while the other two can pop up with a moment of magic to win games.

Not sure if that makes sense.

the

Everton prepared to pay maximum £12 million.

Initial bid of £7.5 million + £1.5 million in an add-on (Everton winning a major trophy) lodged with Manchester City on Tue 09 Jul.

Everton were shocked when Manchester City accepted it in principle the same day.

Fabian Delph turns 30 this November, and Brands & Silva usually do not sign age 30+ players, but Delph's versatility of being comfortable playing left-back, left-midfield and centre-midfield at a bargain price was viewed as too good to turn down.

Delph was given a tour of Goodison & visited Bramley-Moore Dock on Wed 10 Jul.

Delph had a prior family commitment on Thu 11 Jul (Manchester City had already agreed his day off), before completing the first part of his medical at Finch Farm on Fri 12 Jul.

Contract talks were also opened at Finch Farm on Fri 12 Jul.

The second and final part of Delph's medical, plus concluding contract discussions, are due to be held on Mon 15 Jul.

Delph - if all goes well - would be unveiled as an Everton signing later on Mon 15 Jul.

Immediately after the media conference, Delph would be flown to Verbier in Switzerland, to link up with rest of the squad at their hotel.

If I get any further Delph updates before the media, I will pass on...

Status
Not open for further replies.