Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you really keep Zouma in an ideal situation?

Keane, Mina, and Holgate seem to be solid enough now with Ryan Astley, Matty Foulds, Matthew Pennington, and Morgan Feeney given a chance in the rotation.

Not saying we couldn’t do with a new starter just saying we don’t need to force the issue with Zouma since we don’t need to

Absolutely not. Will never ever make it here.

I dont know, im in two minds about Zouma, if Holgate comes back and can make the grade for the Premier League we might not have to worry, I was forgetting about him

My main issue is how many players we buy, we should only be looking for about 3 more players, we just can't make the same mistake of buying 5 or 6. We need quality not quantity
But if we buy Gomes & Zouma ( I wouldn’t personally) then we really are only adding one new player for next season

AC Milan are now sniffing around and it’s rumorred we won’t listen for anything under £60m. With new money coming to Milan it wouldn’t be out of reach for them if they are as desperate as the papers make them out to be to sign Richarlison.
Same papers seem to think Mina to Fenerbache is on the cards and links us to Rebic this summer.

I dont know, im in two minds about Zouma, if Holgate comes back and can make the grade for the Premier League we might not have to worry, I was forgetting about him

My main issue is how many players we buy, we should only be looking for about 3 more players, we just can't make the same mistake of buying 5 or 6. We need quality not quantity
But if we buy Gomes & Zouma ( I wouldn’t personally) then we really are only adding one new player for next season
I don’t think Zouma is the back we need at the club and think we could do with a Willi Orban or someone like him at the back. Someone that defends with his head first and uses his pace and power to bridge the gap of a good piece of skill.

Gomes even though he has shown he has class again doesn’t seem to 100% fit the mold of what Silva wants. He doesn’t have the discipline to sit back and be the deep playmaker and doesn’t have the speed or energy to be a box to box player either. He almost always will need to be paired to get a complete midfielder out of him which is a problem in a 4-3-3

AC Milan are now sniffing around and it’s rumorred we won’t listen for anything under £60m. With new money coming to Milan it wouldn’t be out of reach for them if they are as desperate as the papers make them out to be to sign Richarlison.
We paid 45mil for him last summer. He has already scored 12 league goals, playing mostly on the wing. He doesn’t even turn 22 until May and has over 4 years left on his contract. He’s also broken into the Brazil squad and is very much Silva’s boy.

Imagine how good he’ll be in a couple of years when he matures, adds a bit more consistency and cuts out the silly diving around.

A bid of 60mil would get Milan absolutely nowhere. Rejected straight away. To tempt Everton this summer they’d have to go a hell of a lot higher than that. Rumours like this are a joke.

Maybe the legacy of Steve Walsh may not be as bad as we feared.
There are a number of players that we are going to have heavy losses on like Bolasie , Williams and Sandro in particular.
There are some that we will lose money on but do have a resale value like Schneiderlin.
Keane and Sigurdsson , although costing a lot of money are at least playing every week in the first team and finally
we may be coming out well ahead on Pickford, Vlasic,Gueye, Lookman and Onyekuru.
I am not sure if he had anything to do with the signing of DCL.

Last edited:

I think we'll sell one or two like Besic and maybe (hopefully) Bolasie (probably at a big loss) but there'll be a fair few who are just loaned out again.

Nobody is going to buy Mirallas. He'll be loaned again so we can save something on his wages and then he won't be renewed at the end and be released ala Williams. Garbutt ditto.

Pennington and Galloway will get Championship moves.

Sandro will be a dead weight for his entire contract. Unless he astounds us and drops his wage demands to help his career I can see him being on loan for his whole contract at various clubs just so we can soften the blow to the books. Or we'll sell him and have to honour a massive amount of his wages.

Niasse will be here until the end of time. When Climate Change destroys civilization he will still be running erratically around the wastelands in a full Everton kit.

And our prince will still have a smile on his face as the world ends. He’s the happiest footballer I have ever seen

Reactions: Tez

Status
Not open for further replies.