Andre gomes last season averaged
Tackles: 1.4
Fouls: 1.8
Dribbled past: 1.7

Gana last season averaged
Tackles: 4.3
Fouls: 1.6
Dribbled past: 1.2

While gana is obviously the better tackler (because that's his job as a defensive midfielder) this idea that gomes constantly fouls or gets dribbled past is a figment of your imagination.

Seeing as over 5 games gomes will commit 9 fouls and will be dribbled past 8 times. Gana will foul 8 times and be dribbled past 6 times. Considering gana has been playing in this leauge for the last 4 seasons and its gomes first season, with no pre season I think he's done quite well in those departments.

It feels to me like some people on here just don't like players to be edgy or something.
I agree with you in general here but Gomes does constantly foul. Those stats say he fouls more than he successfully tackles, which is pretty bad to be honest.

a few seasons back, we were after the Serbian GK from Genk in Belgium...but he was predisposed to homesickness so we passed. I hope this Estonian lad doesn't suffer similar affliction. It might be easy to assign homesickness as a Serbian thing...but Snail Keane and Wisdom Lookman also needed to get sent their mattresses from home...and neither of them are Serbian.

Sounds a bit like that Ross Pottinger fella...

I agree with you in general here but Gomes does constantly foul. Those stats say he fouls more than he successfully tackles, which is pretty bad to be honest.

But he doesn't constantly foul that's my point. If he attempted 2 long passes or put two crosses in a game over a 5 game period. You wouldn't be saying "that gomes is constantly playing long balls" "gomes constantly crossing the ball".

I admit his tackles to fouls ratio is bad but this is off set by the fact he's learning a new leauge after coming of the back of a long injury with no pre season. I think he'll improve in this area next season.

It's his goals and assists that are the worry for me. If we keep gomes and gana then that may be another season of our two cm offering very little offensively.

Keane's probably faster than both, which shows you how important pace is for a CB. Agility, anticipation is more important.

No way, unless there is some stat proving it I can’t belive that . Zouma looks rapid , some players don’t look fast when they run but are but I don’t think that Keane is one of them is he? He’s not like Gareth Barry slow obviously but I wouldn’t call him quick either

But he doesn't constantly foul that's my point. If he attempted 2 long passes or put two crosses in a game over a 5 game period. You wouldn't be saying "that gomes is constantly playing long balls" "gomes constantly crossing the ball".

I admit his tackles to fouls ratio is bad but this is off set by the fact he's learning a new leauge after coming of the back of a long injury with no pre season. I think he'll improve in this area next season.

It's his goals and assists that are the worry for me. If we keep gomes and gana then that may be another season of our two cm offering very little offensively.
If he played long balls more often than he played short ones then yeah that's exactly what i'd be saying. That's what I was saying, that to make more fouls than you do tackles is not a desirable trait in all honesty.

You don't need to justify or defend it to me, like I said I agree with the basic premise of what you're saying. He needs to improve on that side of the game though, because he did just lazily give a lot of fouls away last year when really you'd have expected him to do better. Agree that he needs to offer a little bit more offensively too. He's a very good player with an awful lot to like about him, but there's work to be done to make him the type of player that really takes you places.

To be fair Liverpool’s central midfielders don’t offer too much going forward. Their chances are created by their full backs and their front 3.

I played Fifa 18 last night lads and this was my team

Pickford
Chilwell
Sarr
Upamecano
Meunier
Neres
Rafinha
De Jong
Richarlison
Foden
Dolberg

Please accept me now that I have laid bare my fifa credentials

What ever happened to dolberg ? Seem to remember cat wanting us to drop 30m on him this time last year

Status
Not open for further replies.