Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't though - he's always talking about Everton (in the Everton forum), in this thread he is talking about transfers and money he perceives to have been wasted, and in the Koeman thread he takes a dim view of the activities of ... er... Koeman.

He's simply too good at arguing for the people trying to contradict him.

Anyway, on to transfers - centre forward needs to be an established Premier League goalscorer so Benteke, Giroud or Vardy (puke) the only viable options.

Like him or not Vardy (combined with Pickford and Sigurdssons supplying him) would earn us about an extra 15 points away from home and instantly make us massively more dangerous away against the sides above us in the league, absolutely perfect for the counter

Emre Mor, has messed up his move to Inter.
Everton has been linked to Mor earlier, but i sure hope we don't end up with him.

He is a problem-child.

Like him or not Vardy (combined with Pickford and Sigurdssons supplying him) would earn us about an extra 15 points away from home and instantly make us massively more dangerous away against the sides above us in the league, absolutely perfect for the counter
He'd be the best possible option against a team like City. I don't think we are looking at him though

We signed Gylfi for an 'up front' £40m (non-inclusive of add ons).

That's from P.Joyce.

The entire deal is circa £45m, including add ons.

Looking at the start of summer striker poll is somewhat depressing, particularly when we are discussing Vardy, Slimani, Benteke and Dembele.... and Sam Vokes :(

in fairness, isn't that pretty easily obtainable anyway

*allegedly*

But aye, Olivier is a sexy man who scores sexy goals. Get him in

Yeah but the "free access" offer will gain Giroud a priority pass, last thing you want him doing is waiting until all the plazzy gangsters have had their weekly fix.

He doesn't though - he's always talking about Everton (in the Everton forum), in this thread he is talking about transfers and money he perceives to have been wasted, and in the Koeman thread he takes a dim view of the activities of ... er... Koeman.

He's simply too good at arguing for the people trying to contradict him.

Anyway, on to transfers - centre forward needs to be an established Premier League goalscorer so Benteke, Giroud or Vardy (puke) the only viable options.
No mate.

I can raise a valid argument as to why it's no, but to use the same argument he uses - no, mate. You're wrong, Everton are poo, Koeman is a fatso who doesn't understand half as much as me about football and Moshiri is an absolute fraud because our net spend is not 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 gorillion pounds. Prove me wrong.

Am I as masterful at arguing too now?

Truth is he's wrong a lot and the constant negativity about anything and everything doesn't help and the type of arguing mentioned above is far from 'arguing' and it's just being obtuse most the time, but hey ho, he's a top blue so I suppose we can overlook just about every thread Dave derails often.

"5th and 15th are the same", never forget.

The thing is mate, I agree our business has been excellent so far. But if we had a striker in mind then we would have already gone in for him. We don't have a clue who we are signing or haven't until now , so going 5o deadline day runs the risk of a poor panic buy or better yet, no-one at all coming in.

But the real thing is, we don't know that. For all we know we had a very clear idea of who we wanted, but they may have proved to be unattainable, or not available until other transfers happen to free him up. Do you really believe they haven't a clue who they want? Go back to my post. I suggested that if we haven't been able to land any of our targets so far, we are unlikely to do so now until deadline day, because if we have a target that is not yet available, and assumising we haven't been given a straight 'no', then we all just have to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.