Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think hes had a poor season at Inter and they just want him off the books.

Hed be caught out in the prem i think...at 34.
I agree. I’d only sign if we improved the midfield vastly then it wouldn’t be a bad signing as he wouldn’t be getting exposed (unlike Keane every week!)

But we won’t pay an extra £5-10m for Gabriel because of COVID? Someone is chatting wham I’m just not sure who
Yes I know, it seems strange if Gabriel is the one we’ve been chasing for months. And as most deals are done over a few years, the actual down payment difference could be 3 or 4 million

It's the impression I get, not least from our proclivity to make excuses for our owners in advance and being eternally petrified of the 'big six'.

However, maybe they are correct and I am wrong.

They certainly will be correct if Usmanov's involvement is not much more than a blag, and our next sponsor is going to be with WHOPPERBET.IO at a rate that is currently achieved by the likes of Burnley FC.

Jesus have a day off lad

Jesus have a day off lad

We will see what happens mate. I, like you, expect the one of the most wealthy men on the planet to assist us in progressing beyond mid table for the first time in 33 years. However if we end up with a sponsorship deal that is in the same bracket as Burnley’s, it is a very clear indication that our mediocrity is set to continue.

And this would be a big disappointment to me tbh!

Last edited:
We will see what happens mate. I, like you, expect the seventh richest man on the planet to assist us in progressing beyond mid table for the first time in 33 years. However if we end up with a sponsorship deal that is in the same bracket as Burnley’s, it is a very clear indication that our mediocrity is set to continue.

And this would be a big disappointment to me tbh!
Are Burnley getting 12m per year for sponsorship of their training ground?

Are Burnley getting 12m per year for sponsorship of their training ground?

That’s really not the point. The point is that Everton have a shirt sponsorship available, and we are being led to believe that our de facto owner is Alisher Usmanov, one of the richest men on the planet, someone that is wealthier than Roman Abramovich.

If there is no attempt to make use of Usmanov’s wealth via our shirt sponsorship, then the FFP excuse for not investing becomes redundant. It’s not because of FFP, it’s because he doesn’t want to.

And 12 million per year is pennies to Usmanov. Literally, pennies to him. It’s even small change by Premier League standards, never mind Abramovich / Usmanov standards.

That’s really not the point. The point is that Everton have a shirt sponsorship available, and we are being led to believe that our de facto owner is Alisher Usmanov, one of the richest men on the planet, someone that is wealthier than Roman Abramovich.

If there is no attempt to make use of Usmanov’s wealth via our shirt sponsorship, then the FFP excuse for not investing becomes redundant. It’s not because of FFP, it’s because he doesn’t want to.

And 12 million per year is pennies to Usmanov. Literally, pennies to him. It’s even small change by Premier League standards, never mind Abramovich / Usmanov standards.

Our current shirt sponsor is already more than Burnley’s?

Highly unlikely but id be sending a few wheelbarrows of cash down to Arsenal for Saka.

That boy ia top top top quality.

The dream, Sandro Tonali.

But we won’t pay an extra £5-10m for Gabriel because of COVID? Someone is chatting wham I’m just not sure who

We may have changed targets...

from your mouth to god's ears please

i hope schalkes form doesn't corrupt him

Reports are that hes been very good for Schalke and potm for march. I think the Dortmund game after the restart was an anomaly.

Been class for Barca especially against Inter.

Yes I know, it seems strange if Gabriel is the one we’ve been chasing for months. And as most deals are done over a few years, the actual down payment difference could be 3 or 4 million

Could be we want both...or switched targets or that Ancelotti prefers to develop Todibo.

Rumours about Bowler and Besic leaving

£6mil means we could splash £30mil (£6mil a year over 5 year contract).

Status
Not open for further replies.