Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep with Gomes and Gbamin available we only needed 1 with Delph as 4th choice but now its deffo 2.

Allan/Sangare & Rabiot for me.
I actually thought we may have got 2 anyway with Gbamin starting from scratch or would have been and Gomes on the back of a bad injury. We couldn’t expect them to play 40/50 games next season. Add In Delphi’s injury record. It’s becoming a nightmare. Schneiderlin will probably stay now.

We need at least 5 to play 442 imo, We can’t be left with Schneiderlin and Davies again. Hopefully this doesn’t effect other positions

In one of their articles today mate - here is the funny bit:

"At the end of the day, this summer, for every Premier League team, is about cutting costs and saving money. The price for a left-winger, right-winger, is £50m, £60m and above at the moment.

"Anthony Gordon could save Everton all that and more and be someone to build the team around under Ancelotti and Marcel Brands."

Ancelotti has basically told people he has the resources yet the Red Echo doing their best to try make us the laughing stock to the RS gloaters "ey I heard u lads r skint ywna"

I also dont get why they think its cost cutting- the league is restarting as far as im aware so every club is getting the TV cash the only thing we'll lose out on is gate money and refunding season tickets for those final 5 games.

Thats nothing in the grand sceme of things- Niasse's wages would cover that when he's out of contract from July...
Build the team around Gordon....FFS have they forgot about richarlison

Because we and absolutely every single other team outside the certified “big teams” have never done that ever.

Plus that is not the profile of player we should be going for and would just highlight how dreadful our recruitment division is.

Can’t build a team around someone they wanted to build a team around but failed so will have to sell in 12 months

tenor.gif

Matty you live in a bubble.

To be fair, it was hardly an egregious musing.
Of course the financials of multiple clubs have taken a massive hit however, as multiple posters have said, and links have suggested, our benefectors aren't exactly struggling and if they've proven one thing it's that they'll throw cash in.
I'm hardly expecting a record breaking window, however, as we have got Ancelotti, it IS on the basis that we will spend the coin.
Your foolhardy dismissal of him is, unfortuantely, typical.

To be fair, it was hardly an egregious musing.
Of course the financials of multiple clubs have taken a massive hit however, as multiple posters have said, and links have suggested, our benefectors aren't exactly struggling and if they've proven one thing it's that they'll throw cash in.
I'm hardly expecting a record breaking window, however, as we have got Ancelotti, it IS on the basis that we will spend the coin.
Your foolhardy dismissal of him is, unfortuantely, typical.

Ancelotti happened before COVID. Irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.