Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
One injury to Walcott...or Coleman ? It worse.
Easier to defend the flank then midfield. In an ideal world ghabin and Gomes are good enough together they have no one to properly back them up. In order of preference f0r me it goes CM, CB, RW if we can sign three undisputed starters you suddenly have walcott, Mina and either Gomes or gblammo as depth. RB has Kenny Coleman and possibility sidbie with holgate as an option not ideal but damn site better than one injury to rw,CM or CB from being Delph, sigz out wide or Keane In the team

Easier to defend the flank then midfield. In an ideal world ghabin and Gomes are good enough together they have no one to properly back them up. In order of preference f0r me it goes CM, CB, RW if we can sign three undisputed starters you suddenly have walcott, Mina and either Gomes or gblammo as depth. RB has Kenny Coleman and possibility sidbie with holgate as an option not ideal but damn site better than one injury to rw,CM or CB from being Delph, sigz out wide or Keane In the team

I think we'll have cash to splash and Id say:

RB
RW
CM
CB
LB
LW

Would be the priorities in somewhat that order.

RB: Coleman/Kenny/Sidibe are the weak link of defence (we shouldnt sign Sidibe)

RW: Aside from Walcott we have nothing.

CM: Aside from possibly Gbamin I dont rate any of them over a season in a 2.

CB: We need to bring in someone above Keane in the pecking order

LB: Anything happens to Digne and Baines surely cant play a few games on the bounce let alone mid-term

LW: Iwobi/Bernard dont seem to be the solution.

So for me id say 442 wise we need 4 players and could do with perhaps 6 players to come in.

It also depends what formation we play. Ancelotti is playing 4-4-2 at the moment but that might just be because it fits the players we have available best. I see in some games he was trying to play 3 at the back but given we are short of CBs isn't really an option. However if we get 2 in during the window that would bring that formation into play we would also need CM and RW. If we go 4-3-3 we probably need CB RW and 2 CM. If we go with 4-4-2 we need a CB CM RW ST. So whichever way you look at it we need a minimum of 4 players.

One injury to Walcott...or Coleman ? It worse.
I agree about Coleman (Although I haven’t written off Kenny yet) not about Walcott. In my opinion he brings noting to the side. If we lose him we can always play a kid, and they may bring more than Walcott, they won’t bring less in my opinion. I get what you are saying regarding utilising Holgate as a CM, but he is our best defender at the moment, so I would no sooner move to to CM as I would to full back. Not while our options at CB are so limited. The ideal scenario for me would be a midfield engine, a dominant CB and a clone of Seamus!

I hope we get Gabriel and Todibo then go with Holgate + Mina and sell Keane.

We would still need another defender at right back of course. Probably also a young up and coming left back as well...unless the idea is to go with Digne/Baines/Delph then clear a pathway for Small to come up in another 1-2 seasons to be behind Digne...

zat do you sit up all night scouting players and formations? Seriously?

It says “Léonardo has placed Gueye on the transfer list !!!! If a good offer arrives at PSG the player will be sold !!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.