Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marseille seem to be 60 million in debt and will be looking to sell players as at present they've a few players who have contracts running out that they can't afford to offer extension :-(

Morgan Sanson been linked a few times to us so maybe a good option to go after ? Think they looked for 30 million but maybe offer 20 to see if they bit or throw our Morgan into deal?

Militao
Vinicius
Rodrygo
Reinier

Thats 4 Brazilians...so they may send Reinier out on loan which makes 3.

Vinicius and Rodrygo are only 19 so its possible they may go on loan...

Militao only started 10 games with 2 more as sub.

Could be an opportunity for a loan/sale with someone there?
Militao is going to be a world class CB so he must stay with Madrid. The other 3 will probably be loaned out to a lower LaLiga team to score 20 goals and get that confidence up or to boost that sell price :( I would love to see either Vinicius or Rodrygo but they would fall into the LM/LW of doom for Everton

Stats are pretty good at narrowing the field and there is definitely a tie-up between the output (as reported in the stats) and the performances.

We then watch the video and look at the physical and off the ball stuff stats don't show and that is important too.

On Iwobi I do like him but he is probably another signing that doesn't really have a set position. I see him doing the Pienaar role for us next year, sort of left midfield and linking the play. He is a great passer and finds space really well and I think we sort central midfield, and get more control on games, he'll get more chances to show it.

I think he's going to have to improve on the weaker parts of his game and become more of an all-rounder to have a place in the team. Pienaar might be a good example in that respect too, to be fair. He learnt how to set the tone with his pressing and ended up being one of our most influential players without the ball. If Iwobi can do that, he'll be a much more effective player.

I think another factor in the Iwobi fee was that his wage is relatively very low. Players like Walcott and Tosun who came in for lower fees will end up costing considerably more.

I’ve said it a couple of times now but I’m not writing Iwobi off at all just yet. In fact, in the same way I was with DCL, I’m very confident he’ll come good and I think he’ll be involved a lot this year.

I also wouldn’t entertain selling Kean at all. I’m really excited by him and I think he’s shown more than enough potential in his first season to show he’s going to be a top player in the future. He’s still very young and IMO, he’s going to be very good.

Time will prove that we’re in a great position to have him, DCL and Richarlison on our books right now.
I wouldn't just not sell Kean, I'd say given all the circumstances around his season he actually played well.

Agreed, I think he’s more effective at attacking mid than on the wing, which is a problem if we’re going to continue with this formation
Not only that but he's a guy who is good when he has guys in front of him to hit with the ball. That becomes harder in a less fluid formation like 4-4-2.

I have:

Reinier -- new player
Militao -- 10 starts + 2 sub (2 games since mid jan)
Rodrygo -- 11 starts + 6 sub (2 games since mid jan)
Vinicius -- 12 starts + 15 sub (9 games since mid jan)

They need to remove one on loan/sale as it is + if they want to sign another non-EU player they have to shift two players.

Bale and Jovic are also Non-Eu.

Status
Not open for further replies.