Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats one way to look at it. I take an entirely opposite view.

In my experience the pure 'fear' and 'uncertainty' which clubs are experiencing now creates a unique opportunity for us.

I think clubs will want to shift players quickly. They may also take your view that the market will drop further and want to bank cash now. This will mean they can self sustain and reinvest if the market tanks.

For us however i think we should be playing on this and where Gabriel is say £30mil (a deal we may have happily done before) and we may get him for £15-20mil in August...I would be going in at £25mil now.

Similarly id also go for prime targets of u23 age and shave a little off the price.

We'll have our main targets at a discount + will be able to hit the ground running with a full Ancelotti preseason.

The only thing which will happen otherwise is that we will end up competing with more attractive clubs.

Zat willingly overpaying by 10m is yet another reason im glad hes not anywhere near our transfers.

Agreed, he did it to great effect with Gomes when most on here were crying "just pay the 40 Million"; his work with Mina transfer when everyone thought we were getting beat out of the running after the World Cup. He's had a dud or two, name someone who doesn't; he's proved very shrewd when setting his price. Gabriel to be another one?

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Iwobi was a terrible deal. We overpaid heavily.
I dunno. To the right team, I think he’s worth that as a youngish homegrown player and he has potential in a central position.To Everton FC hell no. We need to quit doing these awful shoehorn transfers. The Sigurdsson’s, Klaassen’s, Iwobi’s, etc. need to stop. Ancelotti and Brands are hopefully the catalysts for change.

We’ve only been linked since Jan

Is that the case? I am sure I saw links from last summer too?

He has 1 year left on a deal, and I'll be honest I think the number of buyers available will be down, so we could muscle in. If we were to buy a forward, if probably fits the profile we would look at. Looks a good clone in stature to Calvert Lewin and can learn under him.

Status
Not open for further replies.