Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we wait late into the window, and I also think prices will really start to rumble by August.

If there is a 50% reduction in spending/prices, that isn't just that every player drops by half. Early into the market I see some attempts to try and keep business as usual. Depending how quickly sellers move from that will probably dictate how severe the crash is later. However by August it could be open season for a shred negotiator like Brands. I like how he is targeting people with only 12 months left too.

Lets put it this way, if say Chelsea and Madrid get sorted and there are no buyers left for Gabriel, Lille need to sell, by August we will be in a really strong position.

Thats one way to look at it. I take an entirely opposite view.

In my experience the pure 'fear' and 'uncertainty' which clubs are experiencing now creates a unique opportunity for us.

I think clubs will want to shift players quickly. They may also take your view that the market will drop further and want to bank cash now. This will mean they can self sustain and reinvest if the market tanks.

For us however i think we should be playing on this and where Gabriel is say £30mil (a deal we may have happily done before) and we may get him for £15-20mil in August...I would be going in at £25mil now.

Similarly id also go for prime targets of u23 age and shave a little off the price.

We'll have our main targets at a discount + will be able to hit the ground running with a full Ancelotti preseason.

The only thing which will happen otherwise is that we will end up competing with more attractive clubs.

Thats one way to look at it. I take an entirely opposite view.

In my experience the pure 'fear' and 'uncertainty' which clubs are experiencing now creates a unique opportunity for us.

I think clubs will want to shift players quickly. They may also take your view that the market will drop further and want to bank cash now. This will mean they can self sustain and reinvest if the market tanks.

For us however i think we should be playing on this and where Gabriel is say £30mil (a deal we may have happily done before) and we may get him for £15-20mil in August...I would be going in at £25mil now.

Similarly id also go for prime targets of u23 age and shave a little off the price.

We'll have our main targets at a discount + will be able to hit the ground running with a full Ancelotti preseason.

The only thing which will happen otherwise is that we will end up competing with more attractive clubs.

We are in full agreement that we could take advantage of this situation.

I also think, offering a power fee could work. You get the guarantee on the player.

I'll be frank, I don't think it's what Brands will do. He has done very well at the back end of windows. That will be the case but much greater now, ultimately why change? I dont think he will be panicking at all.

I'm very calm, there will be loads of good players available. We need to squeeze hard.

We are in full agreement that we could take advantage of this situation.

I also think, offering a power fee could work. You get the guarantee on the player.

I'll be frank, I don't think it's what Brands will do. He has done very well at the back end of windows. That will be the case but much greater now, ultimately why change? I dont think he will be panicking at all.

I'm very calm, there will be loads of good players available. We need to squeeze hard.

Agreed, he did it to great effect with Gomes when most on here were crying "just pay the 40 Million"; his work with Mina transfer when everyone thought we were getting beat out of the running after the World Cup. He's had a dud or two, name someone who doesn't; he's proved very shrewd when setting his price. Gabriel to be another one?

*cough Marcel*

His good keeper and not afraid to come out and take everything away with him ;-) I think maybe his issue is as Serb and only recently taking over in senior squad, work permits would be only issue but his top dog there and they got Europe this season I think and loved there ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.