Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of players are touted as potential signings because they ran us ragged at Goodison, but you have to ask yourself, did they only run us ragged because they had previously been run ragged by us?

Koopmeiners may be decent, but lets not forget Davy was Ajax captain, won Dutch footballer of the year and was a regular for Holland.
He is a good player mate, prob go somewhere bigger than us tbh, but if we are being linked id hope we try for him. He is a defensive player who has scored 16 goals this season (well up till now) we have forwards/attackers that don't score that many.

Longstaff refusing a new contract at the Skunks so would be relatively cheap. Good prospect despite being ginger.
He is still young, but he's quite literally shown nothing in the PL games he's played aside from two goals (on 3 shots, his only shots) against United. As someone else said he's not someone who we should be handing many minutes to next year, so it would be a sign to loan type of thing.

He is still young, but he's quite literally shown nothing in the PL games he's played aside from two goals (on 3 shots, his only shots) against United. As someone else said he's not someone who we should be handing many minutes to next year, so it would be a sign to loan type of thing.

It's a smart signing really. He will be cheap, and will gain value. I'd be all for it.

Did you think the same when Moyes was lowballing us for Fellaini and Baines mate?

The club puts the price on the player - you either pay it or move on. Yes you can negotiate however based on the current shambles of a squad I would say we need improvement ASAP which means for me get our main targets through the door and do the negotiating when we are in a much stronger position personnel wise.

That way if we miss out on a target its not as big an issue whereas at present it is when we have garbage like Sidibe, Keane, Siggurdsson, Walcott, Skateboard Kid & Schneiderlin stinking the gaff out every week.

I think thats how football has worked, but it's not really true of most negotiations. Football has seen an unprecedented boom so in general yes, it's led to sellers commanding what they want. That situation is changing now you will see a prolonged period where actually a lot of real haggling goes on. Depending on how much toxic debt is in the system, will perhaps dictate how long it goes on for.

One thing I'd be positive about, is even before this crisis Brands seemed very adept at driving prices down. It's the right approach and will serve us well.

As a final aside, I think most of the above would have been avoided if we had set a price and walked away. Certainly Tosun, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin would have been, who were all players we wanted to sign at seemingly any cost. I think we have to be far more guarded as a club, have a figure we are willing to pay, and if it goes much beyond that seek other alternatives.

I think thats how football has worked, but it's not really true of most negotiations. Football has seen an unprecedented boom so in general yes, it's led to sellers commanding what they want. That situation is changing now you will see a prolonged period where actually a lot of real haggling goes on. Depending on how much toxic debt is in the system, will perhaps dictate how long it goes on for.

One thing I'd be positive about, is even before this crisis Brands seemed very adept at driving prices down. It's the right approach and will serve us well.

As a final aside, I think most of the above would have been avoided if we had set a price and walked away. Certainly Tosun, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin would have been, who were all players we wanted to sign at seemingly any cost. I think we have to be far more guarded as a club, have a figure we are willing to pay, and if it goes much beyond that seek other alternatives.

I think Brands is on thin ice myself mate, Richarlison and Digne aside none of his signings have been roaring successes and he had calls to step down from the board this year from prominent and well respected Evertonians.

Silva took the flack and was sacked but his signings in the summer done Silva no favours whatsoever. Now Ancelotti is manager it will be him and the players that will be under the bus not the manager should things go wrong next season.

Thats why for me he needs to get his top targets in this window and not risk any repeat of last summer.

Koopmeiners may be decent, but lets not forget Davy was Ajax captain, won Dutch footballer of the year and was a regular for Holland.
I don’t think he’s a regular anymore abd this is a very good young Dutch team now, that he’s not part of. Also they are different types of players.

Just because one Dutch signing failed, does that mean we never sign another Dutch player?

I think Brands is on thin ice myself mate, Richarlison and Digne aside none of his signings have been roaring successes and he had calls to step down from the board this year from prominent and well respected Evertonians.

Silva took the flack and was sacked but his signings in the summer done Silva no favours whatsoever. Now Ancelotti is manager it will be him and the players that will be under the bus not the manager should things go wrong next season.

Thats why for me he needs to get his top targets in this window and not risk any repeat of last summer.

Brands is not on thin ice, you’ taking rubbish mate.

I dont really read it that way mate. I think all of his signings last season are seen as a hit. This summer less so, but Iwobi, Gbamin and Kean may well come good next season.

One Evertonian made the suggestion, and it got laughed off. I dont see any desire to get rid of Brands.

Post Silva weve shown top 5 form. That's close to where I see this squad, and I think we will see that under Ancelotti next season.

I dont really read it that way mate. I think all of his signings last season are seen as a hit. This summer less so, but Iwobi, Gbamin and Kean may well come good next season.

One Evertonian made the suggestion, and it got laughed off. I dont see any desire to get rid of Brands.

Post Silva weve shown top 5 form. That's close to where I see this squad, and I think we will see that under Ancelotti next season.

Will see mate, If I had to look at his signings so far I would personally say:

Richarlison: Top 6 quality
Digne: Top 6 quality

Gomes: Top 10 quality
Mina: Top 10 quality
Bernard: Top 10 quality

Kean: midtable
Delph: midtable
Iwobi: midtable
Sidibe: midtable

Lossl: championship

Gbamin: unknown

So far for me he's signed players to get us around the top half - but considering he's spent around £200 million over 2 transfer windows I expected more quality tbh.

This summer is essential if we are to progress - another large splurge on rubbish and we are snookered in terms of FFP which would mean selling a Richarlison which none of us want.

Will see mate, If I had to look at his signings so far I would personally say:

Richarlison: Top 6 quality
Digne: Top 6 quality

Gomes: Top 10 quality
Mina: Top 10 quality
Bernard: Top 10 quality

Kean: midtable
Delph: midtable
Iwobi: midtable
Sidibe: midtable

Lossl: championship

Gbamin: unknown

So far for me he's signed players to get us around the top half - but considering he's spent around £200 million over 2 transfer windows I expected more quality tbh.

This summer is essential if we are to progress - another large splurge on rubbish and we are snookered in terms of FFP which would mean selling a Richarlison which none of us want.

If you want more quality you have to pay for it.

Richarlison is our record signing at 50m
United had 3 players that cost almost 100m
Liverpool have 2 players that cost 80m
Chelsea paid 80m for a Keeper
Arsenal 80m for Pepe
City have 5 or 6 players that cost between 50-80m
Spurs paid 60m for that Nbmoloeleoeleoleoleo

We havent been able to attract the players that the above teams have, nor can we afford them, so to sign 5 players that are considered top 10 players is probably about right, even tho I would question some of your "ratings".

If you want more quality you have to pay for it.

Richarlison is our record signing at 50m
United had 3 players that cost almost 100m
Liverpool have 2 players that cost 80m
Chelsea paid 80m for a Keeper
Arsenal 80m for Pepe
City have 5 or 6 players that cost between 50-80m
Spurs paid 60m for that Nbmoloeleoeleoleoleo

We havent been able to attract the players that the above teams have, nor can we afford them, so to sign 5 players that are considered top 10 players is probably about right, even tho I would question some of your "ratings".

...there is value out there; Gueye and Stones cost very little and moved on for decent money.

I mean at the time Leicester signed him you hadn't actually heard of him since you asked me if he's like Kante.

Just laugh when you try act like you've unearthed everyone in this thread.

Crack on.
lol
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.