Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the club will go marching joyfully down to bankruptcy under your new regime, puppetmaster.

"Pole position' AKA, the team willing to pay the most for a player. "Oh no, none of the other teams are willing to pay what we are, lets pay more!"

Did you think the same when Moyes was lowballing us for Fellaini and Baines mate?

The club puts the price on the player - you either pay it or move on. Yes you can negotiate however based on the current shambles of a squad I would say we need improvement ASAP which means for me get our main targets through the door and do the negotiating when we are in a much stronger position personnel wise.

That way if we miss out on a target its not as big an issue whereas at present it is when we have garbage like Sidibe, Keane, Siggurdsson, Walcott, Skateboard Kid & Schneiderlin stinking the gaff out every week.

Did you think the same when Moyes was lowballing us for Fellaini and Baines mate?

The club puts the price on the player - you either pay it or move on. Yes you can negotiate however based on the current shambles of a squad I would say we need improvement ASAP which means for me get our main targets through the door and do the negotiating when we are in a much stronger position personnel wise.

That way if we miss out on a target its not as big an issue whereas at present it is when we have garbage like Sidibe, Keane, Siggurdsson, Walcott, Skateboard Kid & Schneiderlin stinking the gaff out every week.
Did you think the same when we paid way under for Richarlison? Or for Digne? Or for Gomes?

You are certainly right about the club "puts the price on the player - you either pay it or move on". Nothing has ever been more true in negotiation then that the seller tells you exactly what they will take for it and doesnt take any less than what they demand. Ask Watford, and Barcelona would agree 3 times.

The solution to having too many overpriced underperforming players, and to wasting large sums on players not good enough, is not to throw large sums at players and stop "negotiating" until the squad is good enough. That is LITERALLY what got us here.

Did you think the same when we paid way under for Richarlison? Or for Digne? Or for Gomes?

You are certainly right about the club "puts the price on the player - you either pay it or move on". Nothing has ever been more true in negotiation then that the seller tells you exactly what they will take for it and doesnt take any less than what they demand. Ask Watford, and Barcelona would agree 3 times.

The solution to having too many overpriced underperforming players, and to wasting large sums on players not good enough, is not to throw large sums at players and stop "negotiating" until the squad is good enough. That is LITERALLY what got us here.

No that was a mixture of signing overpriced tosh and missing out on main targets like Zaha so overpaying for 2nd rate rubbish like Iwobi mate.

If Gabriel is the top CB Ancelotti needs pay the money- otherwise we end up getting gazumped by someone else and we go overpaying for crap like Smalling or Rojo.

Yes you walk away if the selling club is taking the mick - but €30 million for a top young CB tipped to get into the Brazilian National Team is fair value imo.

No that was a mixture of signing overpriced tosh and missing out on main targets like Zaha so overpaying for 2nd rate rubbish like Iwobi mate.

If Gabriel is the top CB Ancelotti needs pay the money- otherwise we end up getting gazumped by someone else and we go overpaying for crap like Smalling or Rojo.

Yes you walk away if the selling club is taking the mick - but €30 million for a top young CB tipped to get into the Brazilian National Team is fair value imo.

How you can say that and then bemoan the fact we didn’t sign Zaha for £80m in the same sentence I’ll never know.

We never signed Rojo or Smalling and thankfully we also never signed Zaha or Zouma.

How you can say that and then bemoan the fact we didn’t sign Zaha for £80m in the same sentence I’ll never know.
Hahaha, I know right. In one breath he talks about overpriced players AND suggests if we had paid 80 million for Zahas 3 goals we'd be doing much better now. Bernard was free and has literally equaled his scoring record in less than half the playing time.

Zaha is a tidy player but when it became clear what Palace wanted we either needed to have paid the dough or moved on sharpish.

Whereas we seemed to have been messing around with £50 million offers miles below their valuation before rushing around chasing 2nd rate players like Iwobi for overpriced fees.

Thats what we need to avoid doing this window - he either needs to pay the asking price or move on and get other targets sorted.

Zaha is a tidy player but when it became clear what Palace wanted we either needed to have paid the dough or moved on sharpish.

Whereas we seemed to have been messing around with £50 million offers miles below their valuation before rushing around chasing 2nd rate players like Iwobi for overpriced fees.

Thats what we need to avoid doing this window - he either needs to pay the asking price or move on and get other targets sorted.

Pay the asking price? Zaha isnt and wasnt worth 80m.

We offered 50m they said no and we walked away.

Brands has a price he will pay and thats it, he doesnt "mess about", he pays what he wants.

Iwobi wasnt a panic buy.

Everton manager Marco Silva said: “Alex was one of our main targets for this window and I believe he is a fantastic signing for Everton. He is a direct and skilful winger and attacking midfielder who always works very hard for his team."

And look at you, I thought your source said he had signed and now your heads gone cos Brands is doing BUSINESS.

Brands has a price he will pay and thats it, he doesnt "mess about", he pays what he wants.

Iwobi wasnt a panic buy.

Everton manager Marco Silva said: “Alex was one of our main targets for this window and I believe he is a fantastic signing for Everton. He is a direct and skilful winger and attacking midfielder who always works very hard for his team."

And look at you, I thought your source said he had signed and now your heads gone cos Brands is doing BUSINESS.
Probably the most annoying misconception that keeps being stated like fact around here and Everton twitter.

Iwobi wasnt a panic buy.

Silva was talking bubbles there mate - no way we were shelling out £80 million+ on both Zaha and Iwobi - it was one or the other especially with Silva keen to continue shoe horning Sigurdsson in the number 10 position.

I think koopmeiners would be a good buy, for probably a very good price. Has played defensive midfielder, box to box, and left hand side in a 3.

And a couple of seasons ago, had a season at CB, AZ captain at 22 and has broken into the Dutch squad.

Longstaff wouidnt get a look in next season, so I could only se us loaning him out

Koopmeiners may be decent, but lets not forget Davy was Ajax captain, won Dutch footballer of the year and was a regular for Holland.

Longstaff refusing a new contract at the Skunks so would be relatively cheap. Good prospect despite being ginger.

Status
Not open for further replies.