Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the bit i'm unsure of is, Holgate has done well recently but Davies under Koeman performed well. Davies seems like a bit of a lost identity. Each manager plays him differently.

When he plays well, like Holgate, I think they are both worth persevering with even if - like any other young player - they will be prone to inconsistency.
Davies has gone through four managers (or five?) and only looked good under one of them. He doesn't even show flashes of being able to regain the form he had for that half a season. I say get rid as soon as possible. Some sucker might naively throw 10m at him.

Which means we just need 5 players to fill those position lol
?? You’ve lost me
Well we are getting a midfielder, a RB. And R-winger. That’s 3 add Gbamin and that’s 4 of the 5.
Obviously Gbamin still a bit of an unknown quantity, but his style is aggressive and defensive

I think Gomes and Davies would get destroyed most weeks in the prem as our midfield 2.
Both lack strength, poor defensively and both look quite slow.

In a 442. I would sacrifice a little bit of quality, for 2 midfielders, that have power, aggression and are great defensively. So they can basically stop the opposition from running the game. And leave it to our full backs, wide players and strikers to win the game.

Gomes & Davies got out classed at Chelsea, who had a couple of kids in midfield
I agree, but that's as much about Andre being poor at times defensively as it is Tom.

At last another person who wonders what other blues see in Gomes. Said before that Gomes has had a few decent games at home. Nothing great. I go to quite a few away games and don't think he has done anything away from home. Got some stick off the usual suspects for saying this about Gomes. Maybe with better midfielders around him he will do better. But hey he's a handsome guy so dosnt matter if he hasn't done much for us.
He's important to us in the same way Sissoko was important to Spurs. We have no one else. And certainly as far as building a squad goes there is a place for him because you need a decent supply of midfielders. But I agree that we probably overrate him on the whole. He had 2 or 3 shockers in the last 15 games or so before he was hurt.

?? You’ve lost me
Well we are getting a midfielder, a RB. And R-winger. That’s 3 add Gbamin and that’s 4 of the 5.
Obviously Gbamin still a bit of an unknown quantity, but his style is aggressive and defensive
And a left winger? So 5. It's just almost completely a new team at that point. I don't disagree with what you are proposing, just that it would be a pretty hefty outlay and teams don't often change that dramatically unless promotion.

I wouldnt give Digne away for any price honestly. Dont think they have a name out there that gets me excited unless Alphonso Davies comes knocking on the door

We have enough positions that need sorting out without adding a LB to that list.

By my reckoning we need a RB, CB, CM x2, RW to slot into starting lineup in a 4-3-3. Won't be able to secure them all but a good start is imperative.

And a left winger? So 5. It's just almost completely a new team at that point. I don't disagree with what you are proposing, just that it would be a pretty hefty outlay and teams don't often change that dramatically unless promotion.
I think the left wing will be iwobi & Bernard for next season, and I was taking over the next few years not just next season.

He's important to us in the same way Sissoko was important to Spurs. We have no one else. And certainly as far as building a squad goes there is a place for him because you need a decent supply of midfielders. But I agree that we probably overrate him on the whole. He had 2 or 3 shockers in the last 15 games or so before he was hurt.
I think he can do a lot better for us. Hopefully 2 really good midfielders alongside him will bring out the best of him. It may be that he tries too hard to cover for the deficiencies of delph, siggy, Davies and schnederlin. Christ who wouldn't ha

I think he can do a lot better for us. Hopefully 2 really good midfielders alongside him will bring out the best of him. It may be that he tries too hard to cover for the deficiencies of delph, siggy, Davies and schnederlin. Christ who wouldn't ha
He was still a bit up and down with Gana. I like the guy and there is a place for him clearly, but not sure 4-4-2 suits him without a really good partner. Gbamin might be that, who knows.

Gomes definitely has some great skills. Dosnt strike me as a fighter though. Maybe if we bring the right midfield players in he can become more consistent. Must be hard playing with siggy, schnederlin etc.
They must see something in Davies in training. Not sure what though
He’s slightly more athletic than the others and can actually get up and down the pitch at a rate higher than a slow jog?

No offer for Wendel of Sporting yet

This from the ECHO + other sources:

Mohammed Kudus, the Ghanaian wonderkid who has enjoyed a breakthrough season in Denmark with Nordsjælland, earning comparisons with his illustrious compatriot Michael Essien who was once a star in the Premier League at Chelsea.

A versatile performer who can operate as either a central midfielder or a striker, the 19-year-old has netted 10 goals in 21 games in all competitions this term while also scoring on his international debut in a 2-0 win over South Africa in November.

Kudus arrived at the club from the Right to Dream academy in Accra, a centre of excellence founded in 1999 by British social entrepreneur Tom Vernon to provide African children from extreme poverty to build a better life for themselves and their families

As i mentioned earlier Nice want Digne

Rabiot €20mil and Ancelotti has spoken with his mum

Status
Not open for further replies.