Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think they got outclassed, I think they were out-mobilised (if that's the right term?).

The point about Gomes and Davies being a poor duo is correct against certain opposition but I don't think that is any indicator on the individual ability.

Carlo will definitely mix up his team, where he can, to give the best opportunity of defeating the opposition. But what are his options against the energy of Chelsea, for example?

Schneiderlin was injured but even he moves like a scarecrow. Delph was injured too wasn't he, if memory serves me well.

So we're stuck with what we had and got punished.

Te centre of the pitch needs major surgery but I think there should be a place in the squad for Davies.
Midfield needs a total overhaul for me. We need skilfull players there who can pass and move but most of all who will fight and won't give up. Not asking for much am I?

i don't think they got outclassed, I think they were out-mobilised (if that's the right term?).

The point about Gomes and Davies being a poor duo is correct against certain opposition but I don't think that is any indicator on the individual ability.

Carlo will definitely mix up his team, where he can, to give the best opportunity of defeating the opposition. But what are his options against the energy of Chelsea, for example?

Schneiderlin was injured but even he moves like a scarecrow. Delph was injured too wasn't he, if memory serves me well.

So we're stuck with what we had and got punished.

Te centre of the pitch needs major surgery but I think there should be a place in the squad for Davies.
I disagree
Gomes so far has done nothing, apart from a handful of very good games to justify the hype.
What is it one goal and one assist for us.

And Davies is a bottom 6 midfielder, he’s been around the first team for 4 years and has played nearly 100 games, will never ever be good enough and needs selling imo.

I disagree
Gomes so far has done nothing, apart from a handful of very good games to justify the hype.

And Davies is a bottom 6 midfielder, he’s been around the first team for 4 years and has played nearly 100 games, will never ever be good enough and needs selling imo.

There is a player in there with Gomes, the question will be whether CA can get any consistency from him.

Right about Davies though, not a good footballler, certainly not for European teams. If he wasn't academy or local he'd be gone by now.

I disagree

At last another person who wonders what other blues see in Gomes. Said before that Gomes has had a few decent games at home. Nothing great. I go to quite a few away games and don't think he has done anything away from home. Got some stick off the usual suspects for saying this about Gomes. Maybe with better midfielders around him he will do better. But hey he's a handsome guy so dosnt matter if he hasn't done much for us.

So we need two destroyers who cannot play football in centre midfield and rely on wide players such as Walcott, Iwobi and Bernard to create chances? lol :bye:

There is a player in there with Gomes, the question will be whether CA can get any consistency from him.

Right about Davies though, not a good footballler, certainly not for European teams. If he wasn't academy or local he'd be gone by now.
Gomes definitely has some great skills. Dosnt strike me as a fighter though. Maybe if we bring the right midfield players in he can become more consistent. Must be hard playing with siggy, schnederlin etc.
They must see something in Davies in training. Not sure what though

Last edited:

I likened Gomes to Dembele at spurs, who spurs signed at a similar age, and was in and out of the team for a couple of years. It was he got to around 27 he’s started to find consistency and his game went up another level. While he didn’t get many goals or assists, he just was so strong and kept the ball and the midfield ticking over. I suppose having Kane, Ali, Erickson And Son certainly helped.

But I think Gomes has got the physique and ability to do a similar job, like you say let’s hope Carlo can kick him on.

Nice linked to Digne...£25mil but reports saying we wont even begin to negotiate until £40 or £50mil.

Also...

So we need two destroyers who cannot play football in centre midfield and rely on wide players such as Walcott, Iwobi and Bernard to create chances? lol :bye:
I wouldn't say destroyers. Look at Reid and bracewell. Looked after themselves but both could play. We need skilfull players who can take care of themselves and will fight for the club. Hard task I know but they are the players who create the chances Not sure Walcott, Bernard and iwobi will get us anywhere. But Carlo is supposed to be on the lookout for a winger. So dcl, Rico and a skillful winger would be pretty decent up front

Totally missing the point, there’s your Vinny Jones, destroyers. But I’m talking a lot more ability than that.

Also Walcott, wont get much game time imo next season, iwobi and Bernard will be fighting it out for the left hand side role. But by the 21/22 seasons I will be surprised if any of them 3 are still at the club

Nice linked to Digne...£25mil but reports saying we wont even begin to negotiate until £40 or £50mil.

Also...

I wouldnt give Digne away for any price honestly. Dont think they have a name out there that gets me excited unless Alphonso Davies comes knocking on the door

I think Gomes and Davies would get destroyed most weeks in the prem as our midfield 2.
Both lack strength, poor defensively and both look quite slow.

In a 442. I would sacrifice a little bit of quality, for 2 midfielders, that have power, aggression and are great defensively. So they can basically stop the opposition from running the game. And leave it to our full backs, wide players and strikers to win the game.

Gomes & Davies got out classed at Chelsea, who had a couple of kids in midfield
Which means we just need 5 players to fill those position lol

Which means we just need 5 players to fill those position lol
I truly think the likes of Gbamin and Gomes will be a unreal combination. We never really got to see the monster on the ball much or him getting comfortable with the league, but he is an unreal defensive presence with pace out of this world. Able to pass and get up the field as well. Gomes is just a technician and I think if we give him the freedom to go upfield and not have to worry about being eaten up on a counter, we may see his Valencia days comes back with that attacking mindset.

I truly think the likes of Gbamin and Gomes will be a unreal combination. We never really got to see the monster on the ball much or him getting comfortable with the league, but he is an unreal defensive presence with pace out of this world. Able to pass and get up the field as well. Gomes is just a technician and I think if we give him the freedom to go upfield and not have to worry about being eaten up on a counter, we may see his Valencia days comes back with that attacking mindset.
I've never understood why we always play Gomes so deep. He has a really good eye for a pass, he'd DEFINITELY be a better option in a more advanced position than a waste of space like Gylfi.

I don't have any opinion of Gblammo. You can't have any opinion of a player who literally has played for about 100 minutes for us. But for any player to be out a year...I just don't have a good feeling of that...

I've never understood why we always play Gomes so deep. He has a really good eye for a pass, he'd DEFINITELY be a better option in a more advanced position than a waste of space like Gylfi.

I don't have any opinion of Gblammo. You can't have any opinion of a player who literally has played for about 100 minutes for us. But for any player to be out a year...I just don't have a good feeling of that...
Basing it off of a couple years at Mainz. Loved watching bundesliga since FS1 purchased the rights in America. The guy will come into his own. Just have to back him and be patient. I wouldnt mind another decent face there though such as a Julian Weigl or a Daniel Wass. Mobile and can attack/defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.