Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they did that solely for FFP purposes.. Sign free agents and then sell them on in a year or two? If we did that they would never leave and we'd be stuck for the 5 years we'd give them
Yes I think they do. They know they can attract top players on frees. Emre can is another, he was never good enough for Juve

The Telegraph saying we have an interest in Hojbjerg from Southampton. Decent player and would probably walk into the midfield but don't know all that much about him tbf. Spurs also linked.

I wonder if they did that solely for FFP purposes.. Sign free agents and then sell them on in a year or two? If we did that they would never leave and we'd be stuck for the 5 years we'd give them
It's a win win situation for them.
They either get a quality addition for minimal outlay and earn the money back through on field success and shirt sales etc....or
They sell them on for 100% ffp profit

Yes I think its case of signing, free agents you genuinely would like in your squad and other clubs will want to buy. Bernard would get bought if we wanted him gone. But its difficult and risky as they get higher wages, than players on transfer fee's.

Essentially yes. This slowdown might really catch them out though.

Allan, Rabiot and Gomes sounds good.

Tom Davies and Gbamin can then battle it out for a position behind Delph and Schneiderlin on the bench.

Wrong order, Davies behind Delph and Gbamin in pecking order, Schneiderlin sent on a 1st class ticket to anywhere but here

Last year we all thought Delph would probably be our best midfielder and look how that has turned out.
Llanana in his peak half a dozen years ago would have been a good signing but not in recent years.
I didn't think he would be our best but I did think he'd be better than he has been. Thought he'd be a bit like Barry, experience showing through with a good pass now and then. Instead we got a proper mouthy git.

Status
Not open for further replies.