Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the TV deal being renegotiated
Pubs and clubs will not be paying big money for TV rights

I think it could go either way. Maybe for the summer pubs will pay big bucks to get people into pubs, that that of course assumes pubs will be open. If they are not, they are reneging on their contracts. When unemployment starts hitting likewise people are going to be cancelling Sky all over the shop.

What happens with the deal we have to see. There's certainly a chance Sky try to reduce payments. The idea though that Sky, who have lost about 40% of value in the last 3 months in terms of share price are going to willingly let their premium product be seen on other platforms is in my view fanciful. If they want to show it on all platforms, someone is going to have to come up with a huge offer, to get Sky to want to waive their exclusivity clause.

I think it could go either way. Maybe for the summer pubs will pay big bucks to get people into pubs, that that of course assumes pubs will be open. If they are not, they are reneging on their contracts. When unemployment starts hitting likewise people are going to be cancelling Sky all over the shop.

What happens with the deal we have to see. There's certainly a chance Sky try to reduce payments. The idea though that Sky, who have lost about 40% of value in the last 3 months in terms of share price are going to willingly let their premium product be seen on other platforms is in my view fanciful. If they want to show it on all platforms, someone is going to have to come up with a huge offer, to get Sky to want to waive their exclusivity clause.

I think the sky deal is in place until the end of the 2022 season (according to Skys website). After that I think the premier league will have its own streaming service. What they may be able to do in the meantime is sell of other "packages" to other providers, like Amazon, Netflix, Facebook or Youtube, bringing in additional revenue for the premier league

...also, where you’re born within school years can be a factor. Youngsters with September birthdays can be almost 12 months older than some in the same year at school. It’s a big advantage in those formative years.
yes back in the day had some scouts watching us play as 8 year olds. I was the oldest in the school year and played CB due mainly to my height. Unfortunately that was the end of my major growth spurt (well almost) and subsequently became too short to play seriously in any position. Hard to believe it now!

That's part of the problem. Kids who look world beaters when they are 10ish can look ordinary when the others get start getting physically stronger in their teens But if yr kid is at an academy it takes massive dedication not just from the lad but also from the parents
Majority of lads don't finishing developing until 18-22, by which time they've already been binned off at age 16. I guess with certain players like a Rooney, you just know they'll be a first team player no matter what.

They sign a group of about 15 kids for this age group now, every club does. It’s the earliest they can legally sign them.

I believe we have done a video for every kid.
Yes I’ve seen a few of them now. Just this was the first one and was quite surprised, as not seen anything like it before.

Just seen this article on the BBC... with money potentially tight a couple of end of contracts available including

Lallana
D Silva
Pedro
Giroud
Willian
Lundstram
Wanyama

Any takers???

Just seen this article on the BBC... with money potentially tight a couple of end of contracts available including

Lallana
D Silva
Pedro
Giroud
Willian
Lundstram
Wanyama

Any takers???

Willian would still do a job - would take him on a short-term contract. The rest are too old/injury prone.

Lallana
D Silva
Pedro
Giroud
Willian
Lundstram
Wanyama

Any takers???

Sadly every one of those would be an upgrade on the crap we have.

Lallana
D Silva
Pedro
Giroud
Willian
Lundstram
Wanyama

Any takers???
I'd genuinely take none of those. Lundstram had a fine season so far but until it's over a longer period, it's not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.