Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you take the view that he has a LOT of bailing to do plus a new stadium on the horizon.

Im defo not saying we wont spend, nor that The Mosh hasnt dug deep or wont again, but im not expecting miracles personally.

Its a very unpredictable time.

My feeling is, the stadium has to be under question, more so than funding for transfers.

It's hard for me to go into too much detail, as frankly there are legal issues. However lots of wealthy people will look to use vehicles to essentially launder money through. It doesn't matter if they are profitable or not, as it's not the function. They serve other functions. I have no idea if this is whats happening with Everton, but it does happen, and a football club would be objectively a useful vehicle for this in many ways.

Lets not go down this track ;)

The fact is, anyone looking at their areas of investment will be seeing growth.

Moshiri wanted to buy superstars at first....then hes now got a superstar manager.

His only barrier now is FFP.

The centre back we need.

Hed be the leader at the back + alongside Holgate could be an ideal vocal pairing.

Id say perhaps were making enquiries while trying to negotiate the Gabriel fee down. If Romagnoli was available at a bit more then we move on him perhaps.

Names like Donnamumma, James and Romagnoli being thrown around by the media at least shows were getting to that stage...not to be laughed about.

Moshiri is an a business man and knows he has Usmanovs backing if needed ;-)

At present, If Premier League is cancelled/voided and/or Redshite get awarded title, it means Premier League has to give the clubs the prize money of their position or divide the price money between the 20 clubs or it will give clubs reason to sue for breach of contract which Premier League won't want ;-(

Add in if Sky/BT say their not paying the TV money, then next season PremierShip can say well you ve no right to broadcast so more court cases ;-) and Amazon or Bein come in to buy rights?

End of June we"ve 6 1st team and 5 u23s out of contract so wages down

Everything at moment can be looked at in the best or worst way but I m sure Everton will survive without selling our top players ;-)

At present, If Premier League is cancelled/voided and/or Redshite get awarded title, it means Premier League has to give the clubs the prize money of their position or divide the price money between the 20 clubs or it will give clubs reason to sue for breach of contract which Premier League won't want ;-(

Add in if Sky/BT say their not paying the TV money, then next season PremierShip can say well you ve no right to broadcast so more court cases ;-) and Amazon or Bein come in to buy rights?

Everything at moment can be looked at in the best or worst way but I m sure Everton will survive without selling our top players ;-)

I think if FFP was relaxed we would go in big and also cut deals with unwanted players to pay off their contracts.

Im hoping the league does this to allow for transfers to trigger investment which trickles all the way down.

Lets not go down this track ;)

The fact is, anyone looking at their areas of investment will be seeing growth.

Moshiri wanted to buy superstars at first....then hes now got a superstar manager.

His only barrier now is FFP.

Yes, I was cautious on my wording!

Re FFP, I saw Maddock say Liverpool will lose 100m from ground revenue lost, thats on top of the 100m+ they've lost in revenue since this crisis began (best case). Some assumption sales of shirts remain equivalent, and no sponsors pull out (or pay less) and the lack of CL money drop and you still have a £200m debt. With the additional it could be much more, but we will work to 200. Wages up 50m, but 40m profit the season before. Very rough calculation they are over £200m down in terms of a single year loss. This is not the worst case scenario though and assumes football returns in June. Could be closer to £300m

They are well over FFP limits. If Liverpool are, all the top 6. I just don't see how FFP can work in that context. It will either have to be relaxed, or adapted. If it's relaxed, you want to add as many young players as possible, pay as much up front as you can (and this barter the overall fee down), take the loss this year then back into profit the years after as their costs come off the balance sheet.

Our big strength is this crisis is that it just expands on the problems we had before. Essentially we have to let our players go, for no money at the end of contracts. We were never making any money off the dead wood, so 40% drop on - value is still zero. Clubs who were hoping to move players on for money this summer, not just selling clubs but your Liverpools and your Chelseas who anticipate sides paying their players massive wages and fees for loans will be in a lot of bother. They may find they can't place most of them, or if they do, they have to pay a proportion of their wages.

Yes, I was cautious on my wording!

Re FFP, I saw Maddock say Liverpool will lose 100m from ground revenue lost, thats on top of the 100m+ they've lost in revenue since this crisis began (best case). Some assumption sales of shirts remain equivalent, and no sponsors pull out (or pay less) and the lack of CL money drop and you still have a £200m debt. With the additional it could be much more, but we will work to 200. Wages up 50m, but 40m profit the season before. Very rough calculation they are over £200m down in terms of a single year loss. This is not the worst case scenario though and assumes football returns in June. Could be closer to £300m

They are well over FFP limits. If Liverpool are, all the top 6. I just don't see how FFP can work in that context. It will either have to be relaxed, or adapted. If it's relaxed, you want to add as many young players as possible, pay as much up front as you can (and this barter the overall fee down), take the loss this year then back into profit the years after as their costs come off the balance sheet.
Our big strength is this crisis is that it just expands on the problems we had before. Essentially we have to let our players go, for no money at the end of contracts. We were never making any money off the dead wood, so 40% drop on - value is still zero. Clubs who were hoping to move players on for money this summer, not just selling clubs but your Liverpools and your Chelseas who anticipate sides paying their players massive wages and fees for loans will be in a lot of bother. They may find they can't place most of them, or if they do, they have to pay a proportion of their wages.

Precisely.

Every team in the prem is going to have to take a pay cut probably around 20% which is why there won't be many transfers happening.

Everyone will stick with what they have and get rid of their Deadwood.
Where will the deadwood be going if everyone is cutting wages and we won’t see many transfers? Seems like you’re contradicting yourself here.

Hed be the leader at the back + alongside Holgate could be an ideal vocal pairing.

Id say perhaps were making enquiries while trying to negotiate the Gabriel fee down. If Romagnoli was available at a bit more then we move on him perhaps.

Names like Donnamumma, James and Romagnoli being thrown around by the media at least shows were getting to that stage...not to be laughed about.

Until we dont get these type of players...........

Yes. My point would be, he won't be on triple that once the wage reductions are factored in. And if he wants a new long term deal, he will not be getting paid anything near what he is on now. That would have been the case before this virus.

yeah but as it stands he’s on that now .... if wages are coming down every player will realise that their current contracts are the best they will ever get. this, for players that are 28 ish means that they will see their contracts out imo and he will be able to love when he’s 29 on a free and get another 3-4 deal and a signing on fee. He may move now but if he doeshe will be expecting more than the wage that tuson and niasse are getting

I could see Brands bringing in a wave of cheap youngsters for the reserves initially. But ive thought the same since hes arrived.

The thing is that now some teams will be desperate for money, those like Barca who are made up of fans -- same in Germany (usually) wont have as much cash to splash around.

The ones backed by multi billionaires who will massively increase their wealth during this crisis will be able to really plunder clubs and pirate off their best players.

If the FFP rules are relaxed (they surely should be) then we could do enormous business but if they are kept as they are then were still well placed with Moshiri probably selling a shirt deal to USM with the cash upfront.
Why do you think that multi billionaires will have massively increased their wealth when the stock market has gone belly up? The super rich aren't sitting on piles of £50 notes. Most of their wealth is typically tied up in stocks which is how they keep getting wealthier - market growth. If anything, they've lost a fortune and that will remain the case until the markets recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.