Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyon have had a stinker of a season.

Anyone we can nab from there and nobody say that Traore
Depay for me. I think he could be great fir us, can play across the front in a few potions. Coming to his peak. And Brands talked him up big time as a young player in Holland.

Obviously he had some off field issues, so a bit of a risk. But only has a year left on his contract. So could maybe get him for a good price.

And Aouar in midfield is a very good young player, but looks like the likes of City and PSG are after him.

I'm convinced that we never wanted to re-sign Garbutt in the first place, and just panicked into giving him a new contract because his agent played us and made us believe better teams wanted him. All the signs were that they were happy for him to see out his contract, he wasn't anywhere near the team, and then suddenly we were giving him £25k a week on a 5 year deal.

Little n0bhead, stole a living off us last 5 years

Remember everyone on here worrying that Liverpool were going to snap him up?

....to be fair, Garbutt’s stock was really high when he signed that new contract. He was the U21 LB and impressing when he got an opportunity with us. I wouldn’t blame the club or fans in this instance.

I don’t know the lad, but the warning signals were there when he signed that latest deal. He was behind Baines with no chance of leapfrogging him and could’ve left on a lucrative Bosman. I was shocked he chose to stay and doubted his ambition.

....to be fair, Garbutt’s stock was really high when he signed that new contract. He was the U21 LB and impressing when he got an opportunity with us. I wouldn’t blame the club or fans in this instance.

I don’t know the lad, but the warning signals were there when he signed that latest deal. He was behind Baines with no chance of leapfrogging him and could’ve left on a lucrative Bosman. I was shocked he chose to stay and doubted his ambition.

Come on though, Liverpool? A month after he signed the new deal we loaned him to Championship Fulham.

Napoli have reportedly agreed terms with Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes, beating Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester City.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, although Gabriel performed some medical tests with the Toffees a few weeks ago, the contract was never deposited and the transfer remains incomplete.

That gave Napoli a chance to step in and snatch a player who had been a firm target for their old coach Carlo Ancelotti, who is now at Everton.

Napoli have reportedly agreed terms with Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes, beating Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester City.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, although Gabriel performed some medical tests with the Toffees a few weeks ago, the contract was never deposited and the transfer remains incomplete.

That gave Napoli a chance to step in and snatch a player who had been a firm target for their old coach Carlo Ancelotti, who is now at Everton.
We will here this for ever transfer until the transfer window actually happens. All speculation at this point. Weeks back Chelsea and Tottenham signed him so wouldnt put much into it

...that’s a shame but it explains continuing links with other central defenders.

...that’s a shame but it explains continuing links with other central defenders.
I wouldn’t read too much into it. I’ve seen god knows how many articles and pages saying we have agreed terms with Gabriel. Until all this stuff going on is sorted and the transfer window opens no one is the wiser with what’s going on.

The Gabriel thing could be Lille trying to force our hand, if a deal was agreed I don’t think we will be paying what was previously agreed ... we will probably try to renegotiate A better deal for us... hence the links to other clubs. us being linked With other defenders Sarr todibo etc could also be us trying to force Lille to lower their demands. I can’t see many transfers going through any time soon

Guimaraes + Aouar + Mendes are the ones to look at.
Mendes is 28 already and only played a few years at a decent level. I don't think that's a smart buy.

Aouar is good, but that would be very expensive.

Guimaraes probably is unavailable at this point having only moved in January. Can't imagine that being cheap either.

I know you're not saying sign these guys, I'm just pointing out that raiding Lyon might be tough because there isn't a ton there that can be had.

The Gabriel thing could be Lille trying to force our hand, if a deal was agreed I don’t think we will be paying what was previously agreed ... we will probably try to renegotiate A better deal for us... hence the links to other clubs. us being linked With other defenders Sarr todibo etc could also be us trying to force Lille to lower their demands. I can’t see many transfers going through any time soon

Correct. With everything going on, we'll be taking a step back and trying to get a better deal financially now as the market has completely changed.. for Lille too. Would imagine it's Lille attempting to to push us into paying the original price.

In any case, can't see any transfers completed now until we know when football resumes and clubs can assess finances properly.

I wouldn’t read too much into it. I’ve seen god knows how many articles and pages saying we have agreed terms with Gabriel. Until all this stuff going on is sorted and the transfer window opens no one is the wiser with what’s going on.
Hasn’t he also said he wants to play in England, obviously that’s not going to be set in stone.

And like someone has already mentioned a few weeks back he had signed for Chelsea.

The reports from the likes of hunter & king, still make me think we are in the box seat.

Correct. With everything going on, we'll be taking a step back and trying to get a better deal financially now as the market has completely changed.. for Lille too. Would imagine it's Lille attempting to to push us into paying the original price.

In any case, can't see any transfers completed now until we know when football resumes and clubs can assess finances properly.
The transfer market is going to be like a game of poker. And I suppose it comes down to how long we wait and try and get prices down.

If you take Utd and their 3 top rumoured targets, Sancho, Grealish and the kid from Birmingham. Utd May have already agree salaries with them.
And if next season doesnt start till say October. And transfer market crashes. Utd could get them 3 for halve their values.

Say 2 of our top targets are Gabriel & Allan, I’m not sure we can wait to long hoping their prices come down, for the fear of another club coming in for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.