Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’ll be interesting to see the effect on transfer fees once the virus crisis is over, football must surely take a hit like everyone/everything else. Valuations could be all over the shop, not many clubs will be in a position to splurge huge amounts on average players.

It’ll be interesting to see the effect on transfer fees once the virus crisis is over, football must surely take a hit like everyone/everything else. Valuations could be all over the shop, not many clubs will be in a position to splurge huge amounts on average players.
Might actually be a good thing. We’ve hardly improved our signings since the Moyes days.

There are about 50 keepers in the world I'd rather see in nets over Pickford these days and that includes people like Ben Foster who probably has a bus pass.
Totally with you on this. 43 million for Pickford to spend on a creative cm and Ben Foster on a free would improve us immeasurably.

I think Donnarumma maybe just fell foul to the too much, too soon in terms of hype. To me he's a bit overrated. Huge size but sometimes he does things I wonder if he's even awake for. Plus his agent is Mino...

Re: Reims they have quite a decent defense in general (Disasi is very promising in defence) but he is a brilliant keeper. Remember watching him in the 2015 U20 WC which he won and got the golden gloves. Went to Israel after for first team football. Signed last Summer for under £5m... often wonder why PL teams ignore good scouting.
It’s bizarre isn’t it - to be honest I’d hoped to start seeing some of these young bargains coming to us under Brands, yet we’re still seeing things like Iwobi bowling up for 30 odd mil

Move. Pickford. On.

Lossl wasn’t horrible his last season at Huddersfield in the Prem. I am a huge fan of selling English players to other English teams and collecting that arbitrary price bump they all receive. I’d go as far to say our policy should be to never buy English players from English leagues and if there will be a homegrown player requirement fill them with youngsters from out youth teams

Across the pond it’s crazy to see how our nominal goods that we buy every day decreased in price making you wonder how much is being paid in pure profit margins regularly. I think footy has to feel a similar effect after this. Players will be brought closer their true value and less money will be spent on players with huge profit margins

Status
Not open for further replies.