Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more Cologne players that I thought were good, now that I've had a chance to look up their names:

Horn (GK), Ehizibue (RB), Bornauw (CB) and Cordoba (CF). The left-winger, Kainz, was also decent, but more because of his work-rate than any real quality that he showed.

Dusseldorf had one decent player, Karaman (CF) and there was a winger at Schalke, Raman, who had a bit about him, but then he couldn't be arsed at all once Cologne went ahead. Pitaek was up front for Hertha, and he was definitely a dodged bullet when idiots like me were suggesting that Everton go for him before he went to Milan (buried a penalty, though).

I can see why Steve Walsh always had a big grin on his face during his foreign jaunts. It's great being able to drink and smoke in the stands.

Some more Cologne players that I thought were good, now that I've had a chance to look up their names:

Horn (GK), Ehizibue (RB), Bornauw (CB) and Cordoba (CF). The left-winger, Kainz, was also decent, but more because of his work-rate than any real quality that he showed.

Dusseldorf had one decent player, Karaman (CF) and there was a winger at Schalke, Raman, who had a bit about him, but then he couldn't be arsed at all once Cologne went ahead. Pitaek was up front for Hertha, and he was definitely a dodged bullet when idiots like me were suggesting that Everton go for him before he went to Milan (buried a penalty, though).

I can see why Steve Walsh always had a big grin on his face during his foreign jaunts. It's great being able to drink and smoke in the stands.
Cologne is my team in the Bundesliga. They were last for the first half of the season and were absolutely terrible. One manager change later and they are winning most games. The players you mention are the ones that have been getting most praise as well and always up there with a shout of man of the match. Ehizibue and Bornauw only joined at the start of the season Ehizibue is meant to be lightning fast. Jonas Hector is actually their best player but I think he didn't even start their last game which is very good signs for Cologne as they used to rely on him and Horn all the time.

Cologne is my team in the Bundesliga. They were last for the first half of the season and were absolutely terrible. One manager change later and they are winning most games. The players you mention are the ones that have been getting most praise as well and always up there with a shout of man of the match. Ehizibue and Bornauw only joined at the start of the season Ehizibue is meant to be lightning fast. Jonas Hector is actually their best player but I think he didn't even start their last game which is very good signs for Cologne as they used to rely on him and Horn all the time.
He did play, but with Cologne looking to work their way down the flanks and Schalke mostly going long to a lone striker, very little of the game took place in midfield. What you said about their form over the season makes a lot of sense, as I was surprised to see a team in the bottom half perform so well against fairly strong opposition.

A quick tricky winger from the Dutch league managing to fail in Italy is an absolutely huge red flag for me. I’m hoping Lozano is a lazy link personally.
Brands said he was only worth 20mil or something like that. And Napoli paid 40. I doubt we would pay that type of money after him not really shining.

I don’t think he’s naturally right sided either, which seems to be the Side we are looking at.

Though the way Ancelotti has picked siggurdsson to play wide left recently, makes me wonder if he’s not sold on iwobi or Bernard. And could we be buying wide players for both sides.

I bet the player would rather play in the PL with us. He'll know Gomes, Digne and Mina too.
He's still very raw and plays more like a defensive mid, but yeah, he's gone. They'll exercise the buy clause. There are plenty of other young options.

Anyone who's watched him prior to yesterday will tell you he is quality - pace to burn and at 22 he is very calm finishing / can play across the front line.

He's another Richarlison mark my words.
Wow. You are amazing. He was extremely sought after before Watford bought him. He's too expensive now.

Status
Not open for further replies.