Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd that people don't think CM is a massive priority. Sure, we have Gblammo( @MarcelsGoat credit for that) coming back but, at this point he's completley unknown. And, for the fun part, the replacements are someone a huge % of this board got wrong in Delph, Morgan Schneiderlein who...SOMEHOW is our best CM until Gomes got back and Gylfi "I'm not exactly sure what I do" Sigurdsson. Can we PLEASE get someone like Laimer or an ACTUAL box/box all action CM? We have so many that don't offer a single positive thing.

Think the reason we’ve actually got Schneiderlin “back” is because we have a manager who knows how to actually play him now, not just giving him the “oh just play short balls and look unarsed”.

By whole I agree. Don’t know what we’re getting with Gbamin, and I can’t see Sigurdsson or Delph lasting the summer tbh.

I find it odd that people don't think CM is a massive priority. Sure, we have Gblammo( @MarcelsGoat credit for that) coming back but, at this point he's completley unknown. And, for the fun part, the replacements are someone a huge % of this board got wrong in Delph, Morgan Schneiderlein who...SOMEHOW is our best CM until Gomes got back and Gylfi "I'm not exactly sure what I do" Sigurdsson. Can we PLEASE get someone like Laimer or an ACTUAL box/box all action CM? We have so many that don't offer a single positive thing.

Kalvin Philips at Leeds got to be an option. Proper box-to-box midfielder.

Lot of people relying on gbamin when the only times we’ve seen him he was the worst player on the pitch now coming off surgeries and an extended time away from football. I hope he isn’t in the plans for starting 11 if Everton has high aspirations

What utter tripe, Gbamin played about 90 minutes of football for us, and you make statements like this!

I think this is a bit too blue tinted. When you look at the teams we want to compete with, the Big 6 plus Wolves and Leicester, we don't stack up that well.

DCL, Richarlison and Digne would play for anyone. Gomes is useful for most. A few others might fit that category too.

But a lot don't get anywhere close except for the odd team here or there. Pickford isn't playing for any of them. Mina and Holgate might get into Wolves or Arsenal, but wouldn't touch some of the better back lines. Our RBs stink in comparison to most of the others. We haven't seen Gbamin, but even if he's good we really need a third midfielder at that level. Our wingers aren't even close to those sides either.

We are starting to get the shell of a competitive side and Carlo is getting more out of them no doubt, but quality wise we are still a fair few players away from being all the way there. I'd say we need improvements at CM RW and RB as starters and then need to look at CB GK and the other wing too.

Strongly disagree that DCL would 'play for anyone'. He doesn't get in any of the Big 6 you mentioned, nor does he get in at Wolves (Jimenez) or Leicester (Vardy). Amazing what a few goals can do for the rating of a player on here, most wanted him gone at Christmas. Richarlison defo would but I also have my doubts on Digne, I worry he has reverted to type this season and is no more than a slightly above average left back.

Strongly disagree that DCL would 'play for anyone'. He doesn't get in any of the Big 6 you mentioned, nor does he get in at Wolves (Jimenez) or Leicester (Vardy). Amazing what a few goals can do for the rating of a player on here, most wanted him gone at Christmas. Richarlison defo would but I also have my doubts on Digne, I worry he has reverted to type this season and is no more than a slightly above average left back.
I don't get why people think Digne has played worse this season than last. The only difference is he hasn't scored a bunch of bangers from 30 yards. But that happens. He's still better than the LB offerings at every club but maybe the RS.

DCL is on the whole this season just a bit below what the top striker have done and under non-Silva management that gap disappears. I get that the sample size is still a bit small but he's up to 3 months without Silva and the picture isn't changing. He's just really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.