Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have a chance re Lozano, because ultimately he's flopped and the are looking to flip players. They view him how we view Walcott or whatever. Even if it was a sale, we probably get him for 20% off (the amortisation drop) wha they paid for him. That will be a lot more than we were quoted (probably £45million with English tax). I can see 28-30m being a lot more enticing.

I thought he could play down the right as a right footed winger?
I'd have a look at McNeil at Burnley, too. He's been playing every week in a 4-4-2 for the last 18 months (it isn't easy for players to force their way into Dyche's starting XI, as he's very loyal to his old guard), is a great age and, most importantly, is technically very accomplished.

Not sure what Burnley would be like in terms of demanding a fee, though. I don't think anyone has come in for one of their players since Ings.*

*Edit: I'd blocked Keane out of my memory again.

I find it odd that people don't think CM is a massive priority. Sure, we have Gblammo( @MarcelsGoat credit for that) coming back but, at this point he's completley unknown. And, for the fun part, the replacements are someone a huge % of this board got wrong in Delph, Morgan Schneiderlein who...SOMEHOW is our best CM until Gomes got back and Gylfi "I'm not exactly sure what I do" Sigurdsson. Can we PLEASE get someone like Laimer or an ACTUAL box/box all action CM? We have so many that don't offer a single positive thing.

Don't see us bringing in a keeper - not a priority.

Would like to see three players max for the first team - CB, RB, CM.

We need additional quality in those areas. Anything else should be to plug squad gaps.
We will definitely bring in a right sided forward as first choice and a young LB as back up. And we will get a keeper as stek will leave and probably lossl so we can’t have a kid as back up.

We will either buy potential 22 to 25-ish, to put pressure on Pickford. Or a cheap 30 something for a season. And go big on a keeper next season, if Pickford has another average season.

I find it odd that people don't think CM is a massive priority. Sure, we have Gblammo( @MarcelsGoat credit for that) coming back but, at this point he's completley unknown. And, for the fun part, the replacements are someone a huge % of this board got wrong in Delph, Morgan Schneiderlein who...SOMEHOW is our best CM until Gomes got back and Gylfi "I'm not exactly sure what I do" Sigurdsson. Can we PLEASE get someone like Laimer or an ACTUAL box/box all action CM? We have so many that don't offer a single positive thing.
We will definitely buy a CM. And I wouldn’t be surprised if we got 2. With Tom Davies being sold

Energy.

None of our midfielders possess it.

We need high energy midfielders to work with Gomes and* Gbamin if he ever proves himself here (based on the Summer signings I am not so sure).

That would transform the whole side.
Need a better Right sided player too. Be that RB, RW, or both.

Honestly i think who need is someone who pushes those two to battle for the other spot. or 4-3-3. I know it's relatively "harsh" on Gblammo but that is this industry and he is getting paid VERY well regardless.
Well it will probably stay 442. I just think Gbamin will be a good signing, but it’s a new start and we can’t expect him to play 50 games. I see one coming in as first choice. And a younger midfielder as 4th/5th choice with Delph. Abs hopefully the rest will be gone.

Energy.

None of our midfielders possess it.

We need high energy midfielders to work with Gomes and* Gbamin if he ever proves himself here (based on the Summer signings I am not so sure).

That would transform the whole side.
Need a better Right sided player too. Be that RB, RW, or both.
Davies has plenty of energy!

Unfortunately he can't pass.

Everton's ambition is to break into the top 4.

Just a new RW would not go anywhere close to being enough to achieve that ambition.

I'm not saying that it should be done in 1 transfer window but IMO to transform the side we need a new GK , RB , CH , RW , CM and probably CF.

Pickford , Coleman / Kenny , Mina , Gbamin ( who knows ) , Walcott and maybe DCL are perhaps not good enough to take us to the next level.

With the exception of Theo ( who was just a bad , panic signing and Coleman who is over the hill ) none of those players are terrible and are very good squad players but probably not at elite level.
Each to their own mate but, by looking at our rivals for those places, we aren't that far away.

Ancelotti was the best signing we could have made. We just need a few on top to compete.

I'd have a look at McNeil at Burnley, too. He's been playing every week in a 4-4-2 for the last 18 months (it isn't easy for players to force their way into Dyche's starting XI, as he's very loyal to his old guard), is a great age and, most importantly, is technically very accomplished.

Not sure what Burnley would be like in terms of demanding a fee, though. I don't think anyone has come in for one of their players since Ings.*

*Edit: I'd blocked Keane out of my memory again.

Fine player but I’ve only ever seen him play on the left. We’re well stocked there; we need someone to play on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.