Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfortunately don’t see anything in the Ihattaren rumours at all since he’s a classic number 10.

Could play on the right for us though...? Same like Richarlison, start wide then move more centrally if needed later down the track

No more signing players who are definitely going to be worse at the end of their contract.

I understand your reasoning here, but the lack of a transfer fee does make a difference. I'd say signing someone like Willian on a free would be better for Everron than signing Iwobi for 25 million for example.

There's probably some room for disagreement over exactly how good Gomes is, but after seeing our midfield without him, he is clearly going to be here for a good while.
I think he will be part of a 3 including gbamin and hopefully a top class new midfielder. Then it’s up to them who gets the 2 positions in the team.

Can't really have two wingers on either side doing that. Get a bit cramped in the middle and there's no decent crossing outlet if Sidibe isn't playing which I hope wouldn't.
He’s played right though and more centrally. That El pivote on Twitter, thinks that he’s not needed as we have a few players in his position already. Iwobi, Bernard and Gordon.

Personally I think Gordon is much more of a forward player than maybe a wide player that tucks in as an extra midfielder. And I don’t see Bernard or iwobi here long term.

I understand your reasoning here, but the lack of a transfer fee does make a difference. I'd say signing someone like Willian on a free would be better for Everron than signing Iwobi for 25 million for example.
No. There's no guarantee he's even a useful player at the end of next season. A 3 year deal and you risk getting nothing from 2 of them. It's not necessary.

Or he has excellent commercial worth. A decent US player for a club that knows how to market him would be valuable indeed.
No one in the US knows who he is outside of real national team die hards. I don't think there is much commercial value at all. The only player who might have any currently is Pulisic and I wouldn't say he's a household name.

He’s played right though and more centrally. That El pivote on Twitter, thinks that he’s not needed as we have a few players in his position already. Iwobi, Bernard and Gordon.

Personally I think Gordon is much more of a forward player than maybe a wide player that tucks in as an extra midfielder. And I don’t see Bernard or iwobi here long term.

He's an attacking mid all day long

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!! :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.