Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him...id like to see how he does in a semi-stable side over a season...

Think he would be ace under Ancelotti.

Who would you chaps like to see come in as a defensive midfielder?
Idk but preferably someone who isn’t bang average which is what Torreira continues to be. In my American dream land, Tyler Adams. Only 20 and think he’s they type that would pair really well with Gomes, and while he can play as a true 6, he’s also got box to box ability.

Leipzig aren’t gonna let him go though.

Idk but preferably someone who isn’t bang average which is what Torreira continues to be. In my American dream land, Tyler Adams. Only 20 and think he’s they type that would pair really well with Gomes, and while he can play as a true 6, he’s also got box to box ability.

Doesn't want bang average but wants to keep Gomes :D

I love the constant fume about something that hasnt happened yet. Being from the states, its crazy to see how papers there just make up stories by the thousands and you all are just okay with it. The first window I kept wondering how all of these "sure" deals werent going through. Then once I figured it out, I realized 99% of it is purely made up, or a little bit of truth with a big lie. Here, if an outlet put up a sure transfer or heavy rumor that didnt happen they would destroy their credibility, and be done for in a few years. Very interesting to see the massive cultural difference in both how things are done and what the expectations are.
Fake news was invented here. Your nation has since caught up.

I like him...id like to see how he does in a semi-stable side over a season...

Think he would be ace under Ancelotti.

Who would you chaps like to see come in as a defensive midfielder?

Talking of the vaulting stuff, you absolutely slated Adama Traore (spelling?) from Wolves saying he was poor with no end product etc.etc

With him being linked with the likes of Real Madrid, Barca, Liverpool and Man City what are your thoughts now, have the changed, have those clubs got it wrong?

Overall misses to hits seem to be a plus for Tielemans and a lesser extent Diop, but the majority including N'dembelle (spelling) at Spurs, the Arsenal bloke Toriera (spel"), plus Nicolas Pepe haven't hit the floor running more fallen over

Discuss!

Talking of the vaulting stuff, you absolutely slated Adama Traore (spelling?) from Wolves saying he was poor with no end product etc.etc

With him being linked with the likes of Real Madrid, Barca, Liverpool and Man City what are your thoughts now, have the changed, have those clubs got it wrong?

Overall misses to hits seem to be a plus for Tielemans and a lesser extent Diop, but the majority including N'dembelle (spelling) at Spurs, the Arsenal bloke Toriera (spel"), plus Nicolas Pepe haven't hit the floor running more fallen over

Discuss!
He won't be playing for any of those clubs.

He has improved this season no doubt, but he's not improved that much. Most notably he doesn't get into good goal scoring positions basically ever. Big time teams don't have forwards like that.

The other thing is all of his goals and 3 of his 7 assists have come against the "Big 6." On the surface this seems like a positive, but I'd actually say it shows the limitations he has in that he can't do much when he doesn't have acres to run into and use the power and pace. That's not the type of player City or Barca go for.

I wouldn't have him here either fwiw. I know no one can defend him 1v1 and that does a lot of things, but ultimately I'm still not sure he wouldn't be frustratingly inconsistent.

Discuss!

If he had an end product he would be the best player in the world, but he still doesnt, hes improved loads, but I still wouldnt touch him myself.

Hes still young so theres every chance it might click, but hes not for me.

Ihattaren at psv changed agents to raiola brands talked about him in the past

Spotted that this morning...interesting!

@Nymzee likes him!

Never go full American...

Discuss!

I think its important to look at the context of who these players are playing for and the Pepe shout isnt mine, I just thought he ran strangely.

Or he has excellent commercial worth. A decent US player for a club that knows how to market him would be valuable indeed.

But we are Everton so look how we utilised our players over the years ?
Howard, Donovan, Max Moore, McBride - USA
Li Tie, Li Weifeng - China
Tim Cahill - Australia
Steven Pienaar - South Africa

the main ones not marketed

But we are Everton so look how we utilised our players over the years ?
Howard, Donovan, Max Moore, McBride - USA
Li Tie, Li Weifeng - China
Tim Cahill - Australia
Steven Pienaar - South Africa

the main ones not marketed
Oh I fully realise that others are far better than Everton. Some of those lads loved the club and would have been happy to spread the word back home I am sure. Commercially we have been a mess for a long while. We could sign Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo and you still wouldn't be able to find an Everton top for love nor money.

Status
Not open for further replies.