Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, the club can’t do a lot about not being in London. The Lao don clubs have a 10-20 yard head start in any dealing simply because they are in the capital city.
That's not really true though. City and the RS have just as much buying power and West Ham and Palace have significantly less than even probably we do.

It can be helpful in the rare Giroud circumstance, but often it is actually meaningless.

I like him...id like to see how he does in a semi-stable side over a season...

Think he would be ace under Ancelotti.

Who would you chaps like to see come in as a defensive midfielder?
It's a hard position when you aren't scouting players for real to handicap. It's tough to tell who has the ability to play at a PL pace. For that reason I'd generally avoid Serie A unless it was a real talent like Tonali. I think that's dreamland though.

I'd look to Ligue 1 myself. I know guys like Sangare and Soumare have been hyped up and I imagine beyond that there are other good players. It definitely feels like an area where another Gueye type hidden gem could emerge, but I'm not going to be the one to find that.

True, Kenny is on less than a championship wage.

Kenny is on £15k per week. The average salary in the championship is £25k.

Pretty sure he is one of the top fullbacks in the German league this year. Which strengthens my point - judging attacking players for suitability for the Premier League based on statistical performance in the German league is inherently flawed.

Lots of people get their knickers in a twizzle when you say anything like this, claiming its snobbery etc. It's just cash cash money. If the lids on championship wages in the second tier euro leagues where any good they would come here and x2 x3 their money.

Kenny is doing ok with Schalke, but he's isn't one of the top fullbacks in the league. So I am not sure what point you think you are strengthening. Not sure what their wages have to do with it either. Also not sure if you wach that much Bundesliga, or else you would likely know that are Klostermann, Lainer, Kimmich (when he plays there), Kaderbek, Pavard and Da Costa are better full backs, and that's only the right backs. Hakimi too of course, but from a purely attacking sense. A few are probably on more than championship wages, and many play for teams in europe, some even in the CL, imagine that! Not everyone wants to play in the PL.

I don't think it's snobbery though, just ignorance towards a league it seems you don't watch much. And that's fine, if I started talking about Ligue 1 or La Liga, I'd probably spout rubbish too.

Kenny is doing ok with Schalke, but he's isn't one of the top fullbacks in the league. So I am not sure what point you think you are strengthening. Not sure what their wages have to do with it either. Also not sure if you wach that much Bundesliga, or else you would likely know that are Klostermann, Lainer, Kimmich (when he plays there), Kaderbek, Pavard and Da Costa are better full backs, and that's only the right backs. Haikimi too, but only from an attacking sense.

I don't think it's snobbery though, just ignorance towards a league it seems you don't watch much. And that's fine, if I started talking about Ligue 1 or La Liga, I'd probably spout rubbish too.
But tell me this, has he improved since leaving Everton for his first true first team experience? If he is showing improvement from each game he is playing, I would love to bring him back unless we get a ridiculous bid

But tell me this, has he improved since leaving Everton for his first true first team experience? If he is showing improvement from each game he is playing, I would love to bring him back unless we get a ridiculous bid

I don't watch schalke every week of course, but I see a few games, he is solid, a player who fits into their squad well this season - Schalke really are one of the more 'functional' squads in the top half of the league, by that I mean they aren't very flashy or too full of flair, but with David Wagner they seem to be able to get a lot out of the squad. I don't know how much he improved as it won't surprise you to know I didnt see him too oftem before! I would imagine playing every week at a good level is going to help a lot though.

But like I say in the other post, there are a lot more higher rated and better right backs, but that doesn't mean he can't make it, not sure I see him a a first choice for you long term though, but I can only comment going on a few games rather than seeing him all the time.

True, Kenny is on less than a championship wage.

Kenny is on £15k per week. The average salary in the championship is £25k.

Pretty sure he is one of the top fullbacks in the German league this year. Which strengthens my point - judging attacking players for suitability for the Premier League based on statistical performance in the German league is inherently flawed.

Lots of people get their knickers in a twizzle when you say anything like this, claiming its snobbery etc. It's just cash cash money. If the lids on championship wages in the second tier euro leagues where any good they would come here and x2 x3 their money.
Just to be clear, I actually really like JJK and am gassed he’s done well in Germany
Either he comes back a much better player or we’ve added a few more digits on his sell on price (id prefer the former)

That's not really true though. City and the RS have just as much buying power and West Ham and Palace have significantly less than even probably we do.

It can be helpful in the rare Giroud circumstance, but often it is actually meaningless.
City and Liverpool cannot be spoken in the same terms as us though can they? Both recently successful clubs with City in particular one of the richest clubs in the world. West Ham and Palace would not carry any premium over us, but with non-London clubs of a similar stature they almost certainly do? I concede that it isn’t the be all and end all but if two Clubs are of a similar size and stature, one is in London and the other one isn’t, then the London pull definitely swings the day more often than not?

City and Liverpool cannot be spoken in the same terms as us though can they? Both recently successful clubs with City in particular one of the richest clubs in the world. West Ham and Palace would not carry any premium over us, but with non-London clubs of a similar stature they almost certainly do? I concede that it isn’t the be all and end all but if two Clubs are of a similar size and stature, one is in London and the other one isn’t, then the London pull definitely swings the day more often than not?
It could. But a lot of other stuff that we can control would come first for most players. The system, manager, facilities, wages and so on will almost always be more important. I don't think we can use it as an excuse for not being competitive.

Kenny is doing ok with Schalke, but he's isn't one of the top fullbacks in the league. So I am not sure what point you think you are strengthening. Not sure what their wages have to do with it either. Also not sure if you wach that much Bundesliga, or else you would likely know that are Klostermann, Lainer, Kimmich (when he plays there), Kaderbek, Pavard and Da Costa are better full backs, and that's only the right backs. Hakimi too of course, but from a purely attacking sense. A few are probably on more than championship wages, and many play for teams in europe, some even in the CL, imagine that! Not everyone wants to play in the PL.

It's just economics buddy. If they were better than the full backs in Spain or England they would move there for more money.

They're not so they don't.

So you've named 5/6 full backs that might be better than him. So he's in the top 7 defensive full backs in the league? Sound, that's what I said.

Just to be clear, I actually really like JJK and am gassed he’s done well in Germany
Either he comes back a much better player or we’ve added a few more digits on his sell on price (id prefer the former)

I'm with you on that. He's added value to himself which has benefitted everyone.

I'd send more of the u23s to Germany when they're ready. It's proving to be an ideal league for British academy grads. It's physical, competitive, and reasonably technical. They've also got great coaches over there.

I'm with you on that. He's added value to himself which has benefitted everyone.

I'd send more of the u23s to Germany when they're ready. It's proving to be an ideal league for British academy grads. It's physical, competitive, and reasonably technical. They've also got great coaches over there.
They also run the hell out of the players. The league is fit beyond compare!

Status
Not open for further replies.