Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea is going to have some unhappy attackers next season, I'm sure they'll charge excessive prices for them, but there should be some talent available.

I think Willian, Pedro and Giroud contracts finish at end of this season, so 3 out already on free transfers. Batschuay has 1 year left, you have to think he finally moves, they surely cannot expect that big a fee for him now! So they have would have 4 attackers in Zyiech, Pulisic, Abraham and Hudson Odoi. I can see them trying to sign a striker too.

I think Willian, Pedro and Giroud contracts finish at end of this season, so 3 out already on free transfers. Batschuay has 1 year left, you have to think he finally moves, they surely cannot expect that big a fee for him now! So they have would have 4 attackers in Zyiech, Pulisic, Abraham and Hudson Odoi. I can see them trying to sign a striker too.
Tosun? Niasse?

Not sure we can leapfrog teams above us by buying their cast offs. I think we need to be competing for the same level of players they are trying to sign.

Not sure we can leapfrog teams above us by buying their cast offs. I think we need to be competing for the same level of players they are trying to sign.

Oh yes absolutely! I wasnt suggesting you sign them though! Just pointing out that they where not exactly going to have a lot of attackers by the end of the summer because of contracts ending.

I am never a fan of buying players deemed not good enough for teams who you are trying to compete with. There are plenty of options out there. Just sometimes have to be clever in finding and signing them.

It depends on who the cast offs are. I have no problem with Hudson-Odoi or someone of that nature. I'd have a big problem with Willian. That extends to every club.

Agreed it depends on the opportunity, there is some gold behind the scenes at the CL clubs that gets log jammed with bloated squads, Lukaku being a case in point.

Although staying out of the transfer market and giving youth an opportunity seems to becoming more and more apparent at some clubs.

I don't think any player is ever worth that much! But football transfers have gone crazy last few years, even paying £30-40 million for a player is now normal for many clubs, not even just the very rich, and not even for a 'elite' player.

Sancho is pretty special though.

When you look at player like Nicolas Pepe going to Arsenal for £72 million most recently, a good example of how crazy fees are getting for not even top level players.

I think he's potentially something special. And would be happy to risk the amount we did on Richarlison. Time will tell sir

Ehhhh...

Proven is a bit of a stretch. He scored at a decent clip then was pretty anonymous at best after October. The hope was that it was he had no break for about 18 months. The league has hundreds of players who were boss for a few months then never heard from again.

I watched him a lot at Watford and actually think his performances for them were better than here until recently, he seemed a better out and out winger there.
He still proved he could play in the PL, I’d rather be paying £20m + for players I’ve seen in this league than Tosun, Klaasen etc.

Doubt you are getting his left foot for 50m.

Agreed. Wouldn't pay any more until unless he goes on to do something special in the Champions League.

If United spend £120m on him I think he could be another expensive mistake. Imagine the wages would be mega also.

Status
Not open for further replies.