Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh same with Haller. There's just an annoying amount of hindsight used in arguments and it's silly for me. You can't bash Brands for not signing a player back before you'd even seen him play in my eyes.

Samuel Chuckwueze ;)
Pace for DAYS

“Sometimes it takes time to understand exactly what he has to do. Sometimes you have to be patient. But David is going to leave this season [and] we are not going to buy any player in his position because we have Phil.
I know what he said. I'm saying I don't believe him.

we need to buying the NEXT sarr/richy is the point, now blowing tens of millions on them now and certainly not on last minute buys in positions we don’t need (sorry Iwobi)

edit: I am aware that richy has worked out VERY well but ffp and all that is gonna snag us if we’re not careful

The difference with Richy is that he was a proven PL player, I’d take that any day than spend on foreign hopefuls, it’s what we’ve been guilty of the last few years.

The difference with Richy is that he was a proven PL player, I’d take that any day than spend on foreign hopefuls, it’s what we’ve been guilty of the last few years.
Ehhhh...

Proven is a bit of a stretch. He scored at a decent clip then was pretty anonymous at best after October. The hope was that it was he had no break for about 18 months. The league has hundreds of players who were boss for a few months then never heard from again.

True, but when do we have to step away from the massively inflated ‘proven PL’ price tags? I’d say we’ve been guilty of this WAY more than foreign ‘punts’. Only Richy and Pickford have paid off. On the flip side, we’ve spunked loads on bolasie, Keane, sig (he did well in his first season but 45mil? Really?), walcott, Iwobi, what would have been 80mil in Zaha...
Tosun and Klassan are the only 2 I can think of that cost big money from abroad that didn’t work.
Sidibe, Digne, Gomes, Mina,Kean (the jury is out but signs are hopeful) have been relatively cheap from abroad with enough top flight experience to assume they would be fine. our best recent buys have been from the championship as have some other clubs. We need to start raiding the lower leagues effectively. Make ourselves the most attractive club for rising stars in the EPL

Ehhhh...

Proven is a bit of a stretch. He scored at a decent clip then was pretty anonymous at best after October. The hope was that it was he had no break for about 18 months. The league has hundreds of players who were boss for a few months then never heard from again.

Youve made that up.

He scored 1 goal after October and was routinely slated by Watford fans as having no affect on the games
He was one of the most unlucky finishers in the league that season and Watford fans are snake throwing idiots.

He's actually one that is a stats success story believe it or not. The exact opposite of Sandro.

Status
Not open for further replies.