Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Carlo & Marcel have been impressed with Besic’s performances. Just reading the Sheff Utd forum, plenty of them like him but think they may not sign him as they’ve just spent big money (by their standards) on Berge and also have Lundstram.

I mean for where we aspire to me he’s not good enough really but I doubt his wages are anywhere near Schneiderlin / Sigurdsson’s and he‘s probably as useful if not more useful than both of them.

Besic is excellent defensely and tidy (more technical with the ball, he’s probably more consistent and reliable than Lunny.

Lundstum is more hi -energy, more box to box and better allround game....better going forward than Besic.
Still think Lunny has the potential to be a top player but in recent weeks his form has dipped and he’s looked tired and not as good as Besic.

Yep. I was 100% up for trying to get Besic on a permanent during the JTW. That was before Sander. Unfortunately, in this situation, the loaned player is the logical one to step aside when working within a limited number of squad spots. Real shame as it seems Mo is a cracking lad and a very tidy player.

Lunny (when he’s on his game) is excellent at box to box
however much of his assets relates to his engine and workrate.....doubt he can keep up such high intensity every match.
The other aspect with Lunny is that he’s not as technical or as consistent as Besic or probably Sander, but Lunny has potential to be a big asset at the club.

Besic is a better defensive midfielder, excellent when we are out of possession, excellent at protecting the back 4, so if we are defending a lead then Besic is great to bring on as a sub against strong opposition. Sander is probably nearer to a Besic type with some Lunny box to box qualities too, combination of the two.

However the long term answer is very simple. If we’ve played 23 million for Sander
then Wilder has already decided he see’s him as our future, so he’s going to be integrated into the team as quickly as possible.

I like Besic but I think he’ll be going back in the summer and won’t come back. I think he’ll cost too much in wages and fees for us to buy him and to be back up.

Wonder if Carlo & Marcel have been impressed with Besic’s performances. Just reading the Sheff Utd forum, plenty of them like him but think they may not sign him as they’ve just spent big money (by their standards) on Berge and also have Lundstram.

I mean for where we aspire to me he’s not good enough really but I doubt his wages are anywhere near Schneiderlin / Sigurdsson’s and he‘s probably as useful if not more useful than both of them.

Just need to move him on hasnt worked out he dont think he is a terrible player just we need better to push on

Just need to move him on hasnt worked out he dont think he is a terrible player just we need better to push on
Injuries seriously hampered his progress with us. Every time he got a run in the side he got one. Remember him going down with a hamstring, hitting the floor in frustration instead of rolling round. Just so upset.to be out again. Think he would of been good otherwise.

I hope two of Davies / Sigurdsson / Schneiderlin are sold this summer, along with Baningame too. Then bring in one quality midfielder and we've got Gbamin, Gomes, the new guy plus the odd one of those three above plus Delph offering cover. Would be a huge saving in wages too.

Well, for all the usual crowd who spent the whole winter window saying the likes of Emre Can werent good enough for us, go check out the goal he just scored for Dortmund.

Despite that, I look forward to this thread being 6 months of wrongly criticizing good players for not being as good as you on your couch.

besic will be very good under Carlo system. Tenacity and adventurous passer. He will surprise a lot of people next season.

Dat der Doucoure is crap doh.... oh????

Ings & Docoure proving the naysayers wrong as usual.

Yes mate, Dacoure is crap now, okay two years ago, and a Silva target so won’t be coming here anytime.

Ings, yep playing well at the moment, he will revert to his normal contribution next season of 6 or 7

Neither fit into the Brands business model either, just let it go!

Doucoure would be excellent for us but Watford will want to screw us over and rather sell to other. Bonus that he wouldnt need no introduction to the league.

Thomas Partly would be great but AGCON is a worry for any players who got to go to this.

I'm hoping gbamin will be a star

Well, for all the usual crowd who spent the whole winter window saying the likes of Emre Can werent good enough for us, go check out the goal he just scored for Dortmund.

Despite that, I look forward to this thread being 6 months of wrongly criticizing good players for not being as good as you on your couch.
Also in a midfield that helped ship 4 goals

Need a very good right winger and another good central midfielder in the summer. If we’re flush then a top centreback but if not then someone to slot in behind Holgate and Mina as third choice with Keane.

The move to 442 has taken away a lot of the issues with players in different positions. We now have 3 genuine strikers (perhaps a 4th will be considered if Tosun leaves) clarity on who plays where in midfield, and also a settled defence with cover across most positions.

3 or 4 signings in the summer and a good few outs would leave us with this decent squad.

Pickford, Virginia, Stekelenburg

Coleman Sidibe
Holgate Mina Keane New CB
Digne Baines

Gomes Gbamin New CM Davies Delph

Iwobi Bernard

Walcott, New RW, Gordon

Richarlison, Calvert Lewin, Kean, new striker.

That would mean we could punt Schneiderlin, Siggurdson, Niasse, and every single player on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.