Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of home grown players playing the leagues, money wasn’t ridiculously thrown around on average players, clubs were owned by British owners, sponsors were mainly from the uk (i agree if I was around earlier I would of liked the previous decades too) the 90’s kits were legendary, GAZZA, Everton last won a trophy in the 90’s!!! NEVILLE SOUTHALL, fat ronaldo, ANDREI KANCHELSKIS, Euro 96, Andy Cole scoring 40+ goals, I could go on forever but like you said it was the era I grew up in
xfm101-ap.jpg

PL just did a huge deal with s Scandinavian company for pl rights. Loads more money for each team

Games will be screened on their Viaplay service, adding Norway to their existing portfolio of Denmark, Sweden and Finland, with the deal starting in 2022.
The six-year deal is reported to be worth more than £2billion over the six year period, which would represent a quarter of all overseas TV revenue in a move which adds to the lucrative riches on offer in the top flight.

The news comes after the Premier League solid rights for its games from 2019 to 2022 for £4.464billion in the UK before Amazon Prime Video snapped up a further package.
The Premier League is reportedly on course to break the £9billion mark for broadcast revenue from its next three-year TV deal once overseas deals are finalised with a 20%-30% increase in value expected.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...-on-signing-rangers-colossus-ibrox-exclusive/

27 year old right-footed CB, ~6ft 3"
Keane replacement?

https://www.[Publication is blackli...-on-signing-rangers-colossus-ibrox-exclusive/

27 year old right-footed CB, ~6ft 3"
Keane replacement?

Why on earth would we be after a lad deemed not good enough for Brighton less than 2 years ago? Clearly not good enough for where we want to go.

British owners like Peter "Hamperman" Johnson.
British managers like Mike Walker.
British sponsors like Danka and NEC.
British players like Brett Angell.
British competitions like the Euro Championships.

Cannot understand the point being made here. I know it's a British language and therefore the best but I can't quite work out the meaning of the sentence.

Why pick out that one particular British player amongst your tirade against foreign invasion? He's far from the biggest diver to grace modern day football and is an exceptionally good player who is seen as one of the best players in a team with a huge foreign influence on and off the field.
Hes a fairy mate

Sharp - Man U - Japanese
JVC - Arsenal - Japanese
NEC - Japanese
Candy - RS - Italian
Holsten - Spurs - German

That’s off the top of my head. UK sponsors though lol

Walkers- Leicester
Newcastle brown- Newcastle
Coors- Chelsea
Norwich and Peterborough building society- Norwich
McLean’s lager-Blackburn
Sanderson- sheff wed
Draper tools - Southampton

Loads more, I even came across one the other day of a team being sponsored by pleasure island

Status
Not open for further replies.