Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I see the names of some of the crud we still have to get rid of my brain starts to hurt. We are like the bloke who's fathered ten kids with ten different women, all of whom are horrible.

I would really wish to sign at least one marquee player but I don't want us buying 'back ups' we need people to be challenging for a spot buying back ups is never going to get us anywhere, we need constant improvement to make the step we wish to make. Time to get serious.

No but we need a top striker NOW especially if we qualify for Europe. Absolutely no way we will achieve anything with our current forward options - DCL is inconsistent and Kean just isnt good enough at the moment. The less said for Tosun & Niasse the better.
Dcl has been extremely consistent since the switch to 442. Arguably the most consistent in the prem. Kean and dcl are young, they're only going to get better. Striker is the most expensive position, works both ways, playing them will save a hell of a lot, and eventually mean we can sell for a lot.

Linked to Gabriel at Lille for a summer move.

This would be a brilliant signing...
Increasing our Brazilian contingent? Good. Maybe Gabriel would herald a renewal of our interest in Jesus.

Eddie Howe disagrees strongly

Even Eddie Howe wouldn't pay that much for a 29 year old with little sell on value.

I hope the summer is about 3-5 quality additions. Don't necessarily have to be superstar or marquee signings. Would like a number of signings in the 22-25 age bracket, that come in and can properly challenge for a starting XI place. Ideally it would be 5 players but suspect it might be 3-4 due to costs.

Equally I'd look to shift a few more experienced players to make room in the squad. This might be the bigger challenge given the ages and wages for some of these players. I'd look to move on Tosun, Schneiderlin, Walcott or Bernard, maybe even Siggy. Martina, Niasse, Baines and (i think) Bolasie are all out of contract as well. For transfer fees you wouldn't make much 30-40M max off the lot of them. You'd save a fortune in wages though.

Signings wise there are lots of players who could improve us. Unless we view Jojoe Kenny as the long term solution I'd be looking to add a right back. Coleman needs better competition. Centre back I think we are fine with Holgate, Mina and Keane. With Gbamin as 4th choice centre back if needed.

I'd probably try and buy at least 1 other centre mid to complement Gomes, Delph, Gbamin and Davies (and maybe Siggy),

In the forward positions, I'd keep Kean, DCL, Richarlison, Iwobi and 1 of Walcott or Bernard. I'd then look to replace Walcott/Bernard with a wide forward who offers pace but also a goal scoring threat.

Think by doing this we keep some form of continuity. Evolution not revolution. We trim the size of the squad and at the same time reduce the average age. The wage bill becomes more manageable also. We'd have enough experience to guide the younger players over the next 12-18 months but we'd also have a number of young players who could develop and grow together.

I'd look at the rebuild as a 2 stage process. This would be the 1st stage and would hopefully provide a platform for the team and club. In terms of squad age and composition but also by being able to challenge for European (and I mean Europa League places). If we get this right then summer 2021 becomes the time you add a few more but from a better position fo strength. I'd be looking at 2021/22 or 2022/23 for the team to peak. However, that would need to start this summer with the INs and OUTs

Status
Not open for further replies.